Witch synth to replace my access virus?

Look at the sledge, something in the Nova family or see what that new Korg sounds like.

i looked at the circuit too but the fact it has no screen and that knobs don t do the same thing from a patch to another worry me! i don t want to be blind!

Why not try with the AR and MM only for a short time and see what elements are missing from your music?[/quote]
maybe you are right! i think i ll try like this for a week or two! maybe fx pedal or good multifx on the mono machine could be enough!
do you know if there are multi fx as good as the virus fx?

1 Like

Check out the Zoom MS-70CDR or MS-100BT pedals, affordable and convincing.
Not highly tweakable in the moment, but once you get a patch dialed in, it’s good to go.

1 Like

[quote="“AdamJay”"]

Not highly tweakable in the moment, but once you get a patch dialed in, it’s good to go. [/quote]
i like tweaking too much!!

Not highly tweakable in the moment, but once you get a patch dialed in, it’s good to go. [/quote]
i like tweaking too much!![/quote]
Pedals 
 this thread could be interesting for you 

http://www.elektronauts.com/t/favorite-pedals/2723/130442

Eventide and Strymon make great “tweakable” pedals. Check out Strymon Mobius, Timeline, and Big Sky.

Check out the Pigtronix Echolution 2 (Deluxe or Ultra Pro) - tweak city and wonderful for dub styles.

1 Like

Check out the Pigtronix Echolution 2 (Deluxe or Ultra Pro) - tweak city and wonderful for dub styles.[/quote]
ooo it feel nice!! and about the rooting, do you have advice for rooting mono machine ,two or three pedals and AR with no mixer?

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

Check out the Pigtronix Echolution 2 (Deluxe or Ultra Pro) - tweak city and wonderful for dub styles.[/quote]
ooo it feel nice!! and about the rooting, do you have advice for rooting mono machine ,two or three pedals and AR with no mixer?[/quote]
Sorry. My advice is get a mixer.
Need a steering wheel with those pedals! :wink:

I already have a mixer but toi big, i ll take a smaller one!

a Mackie 1402 would give you 4 stereo channels (3 for MM, and 1 for AR main outs), plus 6 mono input channels for some Rytm direct outs.
2 aux sends and 2 stereo returns for pedals.
I’m partial to the VLZ3 model’s build quality which run $250-$300 used in excellent condition.

For smaller go to the 1202 at a loss of 2 mono input channels and channel level faders. Very compact. Pretty sure that’s what Dataline is using, too.

I would spend the spare cash on Eventide hardware FX. The Monomachine sounds incredible through Eventide algorithms. Look at an Eclipse, H9 Max or Space.

a Mackie 1402 would give you 4 stereo channels (3 for MM, and 1 for AR main outs), plus 6 mono input channels for some Rytm direct outs.
2 aux sends and 2 stereo returns for pedals.
I’m partial to the VLZ3 model’s build quality which run $250-$300 used in excellent condition.

For smaller go to the 1202 at a loss of 2 mono input channels and channel level faders. Very compact. Pretty sure that’s what Dataline is using, too.[/quote]
I have the 1402 vlz4 and a hall of fame reverb, i ll try to find a nice rooting setup with it!, i could also use the monomachine delay on the second aux!

And now you’re just a few insert cables away from your next album. :+1:

And now you’re just a few insert cables away from your next album. :+1: [/quote]
lol from my first album! i spend 15 hours a day coking

that’s a lot of coke! :wink:

1 Like

I just very recently went through this same quandary - sold an old synth, and needed to replace it with something.

My set up is small (OT, MD, MNM, mixer, reverb box). So i figured I have all the digital synth and sampling areas covered. But what I was lacking was something that was analogue, polyphonic, and SUPER instant (like a keyboard designed for performance). All that rigid digital perfection needed some off-the-grid organic goodness mixed in! Plus, Elektron gear is so fiddly, I needed something i can just turn on and instantly start playing with (and not have to set up a new Project, Kit, routings, etc, etc, etc).

I decided on a DSI Mopho X4, because it is 1) analogue 2) true polyphonic 3) affordable 4) deep enough to keep me interested. I have been very pleased with my decision, and feel that I made an almost perfect choice.

Also, I agree with others who have already stated that an OT would take your current kit to an entirely new level. However, it is NOT free of tedious programming and attention demanding button combos. This was something that was very important to me when selecting my new addition.

[quote="" AdamJay""]

that’s a lot of coke! :wink: [/quote]
Lol excuse cooking and not enough time for music!

BenoĂźt, l’OT est la bĂȘte qu’il te faut !
It would be the mixer you need.
The effect pedal you’re lurking on.
It’s not hard, it’s plenty.
And you can either sample some synth lines so that you don’t need too much synth on stage, or some vocals or some crazy sample that just comes from nowhere.

Believe me, it’s the piece of puzzle that glue everything together, check Audiofanzine, there’s always a guy happy to let it go for 800€

I use it with Volcas, and the 10 MIDI parameters plus arps plus the effects on the audio take the little toys to another level.