With Digitakt firmware 1.5, what gear will you be selling?

NGL, I am taking a harder look at whether my MPC Live II has been made redundant by the latest Digitakt firmware upgrade. Between song mode, loop cloud integration, and sample slicing, Elektron has really narrowed the gap between the two. I may still hang onto the MPC, but if I owned neither, the Digitakt seems like the obvious choice now.

1 Like

My MPC Live 2 Retro is definitely sweating LOL

1 Like

if you use your mpc for any of the features it has that the dt does not, like sample freeze per pad, pad link, midi merge, on an on an on for example, don’t do it

they make the best combo

7 Likes

the gap is still huge if you want stereo samples, polyphony, onboard synths, more tracks, more bars etc etc
I still liked the digitakt better but they are not really close in features

10 Likes

I’m going to be letting the Circuit Rhythm go I think, the slicing on the DT is good enough to make the CR get even less use than it already does!

I’m definitely gonna be selling my Digitakt to fund a new Digitakt purchase. This update just made it worth it for me. Been trying to decide but 1.5 pushed me over the edge (insanity wise)

:rofl:

14 Likes

I’m not selling anything.

6 Likes

The only thing I could sell is my body…for free.

4 Likes

Nothing, really!

But it does sate interest in a Blackbox and stave away need for an OT, even if both still have their own useful features.

A crunchy sampler like an Akai 612 with aliasing filter removal mod or something to downpitch with “primitive” means would be nice but unnecessary.

2 Likes

I sold my MPC Live years ago when I confirmed that the Digitakt/Digitone combo (with a little external analog synth help) would indeed do what I needed as a core OTB setup. Now with the Syntakt on my desk as well, and with the Digitakt 1.50 update, my decision to “go Elektron” has been the gift that keeps on giving. I’m constantly musically inspired by these devices and when it comes to hardware synths and samplers, I rarely fire up anything else these days.

Also, GAS is basically nonexistent for me. Pretty much every new musical box on the market comes along, and I’m like, “Yeah, that’s interesting, but I’m good with my Elektrons.”

3 Likes

MPC seems to have a big 3.0 update on the horizon. We might be doing double swip swapzies back it we offload now for 1.5…

2 Likes

What’s the rumours about the 3.0 update?

I’m selling my very recently acquired Polyend Play as I just couldn’t resist the lure of Digitakt. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

my MPC One is quite safe

I just think it’s hilarious that the thread category here is set to Octatrack…

12 Likes

I was planning to sell my Rytm mk2 before the DT 1.5 firmware came out, but now I’m hesitating — if those new machines make it over to Rytm, that would be amazing.

So my answer is the opposite of this thread topic I guess, more of a “with DT 1.5, what gear won’t you be selling” answer. Although I’ll probably still end up selling it since I’m a GAS-addicted maniac.

2 Likes

Maybe Elektron is hoping this update will kill the “OT is just a big Digitakt with sample slicing” meme

I’m right there with you! I’ve got both but would love to see these features come to rytm.

1 Like

I’m selling my Digitakt and buying a Digitone Keys. I find the DT update under-whelming, and the DN is amazing.

3 Likes

I did the opposite and bought back the DT after selling last year. :sweat_smile: