Xone 96 Mixer

Also…you could use 1 of the 2 independent headphones outs. They will be sent pre fader.

I’ll try to see how can I figure out the transition trick as well.

I have a Zen Delay on one send/return then have a Space Reverb in series with a Timefactor on the second send/return. Works really well to have separate controls fro the delay and reverb - fun for dub style mixing.

1 Like

Sweet plenty of fun their :slightly_smiling_face: El Capistan could also be nice

Always fancied the zen delay as one of my sends. Little pricey but looks like it would be a great delay to have. All good as a send on x96?

I´m having some headaches with the mixer setup, I hope someone could help me:

First of all, I can´t get the system audio (Mac) sounding through the mixer, and it´s already selected as main audio device for input and output in the Audio MIDI settings.

And, is it possible to use Ableton´s master track to apply FX and hear it through the Xone? I have Ableton Master on Return A but with duplicated sound.

Yup works well.

1 Like

Cheers mate

I finally could use OBS with the mixer, you need to use a virtual cable software like IshowU, Loopback, etc.

What it’s not possible, I think, is to hear the Ableton master through the mixer when using it live, feedback seems unavoidable.

1 Like

Can you use Traktor Pro 3 with just a controller, not using dvs vinyl or cd’s?
I’m thinking of this as a live set mixer primarily, but would like to use it for djing too; without lugging the 1210’s about…

Yes you can, I used to do this years ago

2 Likes

You certainly can!

I’ve got Traktor Pro 3 recently and was using it with my daughters Traktor Kontrol S2 (Xmas present I obvs chose :grinning:).

I switched the routing from the S2 to my Xone 96 and the sound difference was amazing!
So Traktor works great in either a 2 or 4 deck config with the X96.
I added an X1 to give me more control of Traktor and the combo of them is really good.

3 Likes

Just coming back to say: I LOVE my Xone 96, after a year and a half, one of the best purchases I made - along with Digitakt and a few others. Perfect jam mixer for me, sounds amazing, EQ, filters, sends, DJ style faders are perfect! <3

4 Likes

Yes I use 2x D2 controllers for traktor. Audio into mixer. No problem using mixer as a soundcard

1 Like

Awesome to see the Xone 96 getting so much love over here. I am using a Xone:PX5, which is a bit different than the 96 but shares the same analog circuits and it’s just a joy to use. I also love the digital effects of the PX5, which is what swayed me towards it over the 96. But just love the Xone mixers in general. They sound so good :relaxed:

1 Like

I just wanted to throw in here because I recently bought myself a Xone:43 for my bday and if anyone is looking for something with a lower price point it is still really nice for the money.

I currently have my CDJs on two channels (one per deck), my Toraiz SP-16 one a channel with the aux sending feeding its inputs, and some of my other gear fed into a small line mixer and summed to the last channel.

Sound quality from A&H is there, it has the master filter like many of their DJ mixers, knobs and faders are fantastic.

The Xone:96 looks like an absolute beast though : )

2 Likes

Today the strangest thing happens… I plugged another pedal for Send 2. Wasn’t working. I make sure of every connection etc… no luck.

The weird thing is that I didn’t change anything for Send 1, it’s not working either. The pedal return works, but the send doesn’t send any signal. There is a LED on the pedal that shows incoming signal. Nothing reaches the pedal, I didn’t change any connection.

Anyone experiences something like that? Any clue?

Just a day after posting a love letter for the Xone, ironic!

Card failure? I would send a message to A&H support. (I had a similar issue with sends on a Model 1 mixer- just got it back from repair…)

Thanks. That’s all I can imagine yes, I was on the way to write a message to support when I saw your answer. That’s super weird, and worrying that this can break that easily!