Your Commitment to Releasing Something in 2022

This is the sentiment I’m going for in this thread. Less fucks given. More putting yourself (meaning everyone) out there.

I’ve got three things planned. Stuff I did with Ether and a sampler. Stuff I did with Subharmonicon and a sampler. And new eventually some stuff with a Cobalt8, Ether, and a sampler.

8 Likes

you’re always too kind my friend :kissing_heart:

2 Likes

I’m in too! + I’m keeping an eye on this thread, always looking for interesting music for my radioshow We Are Time Travelers :black_heart::black_heart::milky_way::milky_way::milky_way::black_heart::black_heart::black_heart:

11 Likes

My commitment came early, but a year late aswell. I managed to release 21 songs before 2022 came, starting with the album called this fucking year, which I wrote only on a Volca FM to have something to listen to after I lost a great friend, lost the only cat I ever loved, and broke up with my ex.

All in the miserable year of 2020. Which gave the name. I send this to anyone who feels worried about all this mess, to make time to calm ones mind and avoid losing their shit.

8 Likes

We had this thread for 2021 as well. I went for four albums for that year in that, but only did three due to different circumstances. So I will commit for 2022 to do numerous releases, but I am not nailing the number anymore. I am following the advice, that I got from a fellow naut. I will keep pushing and I will commit to that.

4 Likes

“Releasing music”?
You mean sharing music with few of my friends?

3 Likes

here you go lovely 'Nauts : my first album of 2022 is available for pre-order now :

Field Lines Cartographer - Superclusters

fairly glacially-paced ambient :slight_smile:

Oh - & there’s a nice lil video here too :

8 Likes

Right now it seems like I’ll be releasing at least two tapes and possibly a CD if we can get to studio before the summer. I’m also hoping for a third tape, but haven’t started work on it yet. We’ll see!

My band is also releasing a remix ep with Justin Broadrick and a bunch of other cool artists remixing. Really excited about that one, but don’t really count it as “mine”.

2 Likes

This is very impressive , will definitely be checking out your bandcamp !

1 Like

I had mixed feelings about this thread, honestly. Not because of its own nature but because it challenges me with my procrastination and self doubts.
I’ve been in and out music all my life. Never released anything on the web so far, but I kept coming and reading this thread since its start, so maybe it is time for me to step up and play with the big boys and girls out there. So count me in, @craig please. (and kick my lazy ass if nothing is done by the end of this year :wink: ).

5 Likes

thanks so much !

check the Castles In Space Bandcamp too, as there more of my stuff ( vinyl… though that’s sold out, but the digital is there ) on there too (as well as a tonne of brilliant stuff from other artists! )

cheers :slight_smile:

1 Like

I commit to selling gear ( db-01 anyone ?)
And releasing an ep ( 3 or 4 tracks )
more dj mixes.

But first I need to plug gear in and hook it up again
Or finish my noodles in ableton.

3 Likes

hmm, I’ll think about it… usually I opt to not finish the project and leave it to rot on my HD… we’ll see…

3 Likes

Oh nice. I found Castles In Space through Warrington-Runcorn New Town Development Plan and was thinking about signing up to the bandcamp label subscription. I’ll definitely give your stuff a listen when I get a minute.

What are they like to work with as a label?

2 Likes

For 2022, my goal is to release 4 projects, either singles or EPs, via my music distributor.

4 Likes

Yeah Gordon is a good pal of mine.

CiS are brilliant- fantastic label to release on.

1 Like

Ah, very good. Perhaps I’ll submit my promised 2022 EP to them then.

Thanks!

2 Likes

I’m in. I have a vocal techhouse track in the pipeline I think could come out pretty good. And I wanted to try out bandcamp as I haven’t released there yet. Sounds like the perfect opportunity…

4 Likes

I’m in… very new to all this but really keen to get something I am proud of done this year and released via Bandcamp… I’ve done the admin-setting up the account etc etc and have just set up a new YouTube channel and have committed to doing ‘Jamuary’ as a learning experience - largely as a way to focus the mind and to sharpen/hone my skills working towards getting an EP or album out later this year… long way to go though, I don’t even know what genre yet!!

4 Likes

This jam was created just before the end of 2021

but released with a slightly different mix here today (some added delays, “ghost” vocals)
so this is my first release of the year.

I think the bandcamp version is better (?)

18 Likes