Your Commitment to Releasing Something in 2022

I’m in. Prolly the other thread too.

2 Likes

128bpm FTW

1 Like

On the subject of cover art, not done any for years and if I commit to release something would need to do some, anyone know of anything decent I can use on iPad ?

Try Vectornator: https://www.vectornator.io

If you’re thinking something photographic, https://unsplash.com is also a good place to go.

3 Likes

Funny enough a couple of months ago I had a dream where someone said to me have you heard the new ep by …………(it was a random name ) and gave me a vinyl copy of the record with cover art and everything. Then I woke up and remembered the band name, artwork , the whole lot. Maybe it was a sign, not sure whether I’ll use it though , the artist name was a bit strange :grinning:

3 Likes

Thanks @presteign will have a look now at vectornator . Unsplash is great :+1:

2022 will be the year. Finishing a DIY microtonal instrument, and releasing the first track using it. (10-tet).

2 Likes

Ok, damn, I´m also in.
Now I just need an halfway interesting idea / concept… (12-tet ?)

3 Likes

I’ve admittedly never released anything. I’m an A.D.D. kid in a 45 year old’s body. Lots of ideas and sketches with nothing to show for it. The last two years has been focused on hardware performance. As such, I’ve barely even touched Ableton.

It stops in 2022. I am committing to releasing something. It’s time.

Sign me up!

12 Likes

I heard elektron is committed to releasing an octatrack “worth buying in 2022” with “improved sound quailty” and “effects that don’t suck”

As I often do, I’ll delete every Project in my Elektron boxes and start fresh for 2022. Count me in.

7 Likes

There’s also a browser-based glitch art program called Become a Great Artist in Just 10 Seconds that might produce some cool covers. BECOME A GREAT ARTIST IN JUST 10 SECONDS

One bit of warning: it deliberately doesn’t tell you what the controls do, so you get semi-random results

2 Likes

Please hold me.

1 Like

If anybody wants to link up in the DMs to talk through ideas, process for putting something together, hold each other accountable etc. just shoot me a note.

I’ve always latched into others for help getting things done — making beats for someone else, playing in a band, that kind of thing — so trying to finally do it all on my own has been a struggle.

Happy to struggle with you all who may be in the same boat.

5 Likes

I intend to release something every year but usually fail

Maybe I could dig out one of my aimless noise noodles and release that as a drone concept track. Come up with. 200 word blurb of bullshit to accompany it.

Even that would be more than this year.

2 Likes

Even one 2 minute track :slight_smile:

1 Like

A release is a release is a release. Finishing something and putting it out there is something to be celebrated. Go for it :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I’ll be making an EP with four tracks.

Lofi Pop. Need a new name for that… thought about “Ghosted”

2 Likes

I know no jumping the gun but we just got the test presses for this record and I’m super excited. It’s going to be the first vinyl release I’m on. Tentative release date is June 2022. :slightly_smiling_face:

11 Likes

Congrats, man! That’s a fantastic accomplishment.

2 Likes