Your Commitment to Releasing Something in 2023

Just do it!
Name some tracks, generate album art, get it out there.

Though, Iā€™m still not committing to releasing anything in 2023- the first part of the most ambitious project Iā€™ve ever partook in is available today. Itā€™s not perfect, but itā€™s a start

Edit:

Stupid of me to not include the soundcloud link

2 Likes

I have about 15 minutes worth of quality recorded stems so far toward my first album. I need to record another 30 minutes of drum, bass, and melody tracks and then spend rest of year on adding vocals, remixing and mastering. I told myself no new gear until I release an album of music.

3 Likes

I made the RPM February challenge deadline (so much easier without vocals) and with the spare 5 minutes made a high quality video too :grinning:

3 Likes

Slowly crawling out into the light in 2023- published my first public youtube link and building up to Bandcamp plans, and from THERE getting my good networking in through the local clurrbs and synth shop.

Hopefully by that time Iā€™ll have gotten through live set programming so I can have the opportunity to decide whether Iā€™m comfortable playing live in a venue, or trying to get a few people together to organize an outdoors hangout/set :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

And here goes my album !

4 Likes

My 3rd release for 2023 (from this live performance).
Somebody said the drums sounded reggaeton ha. COVID changed me!

I think even though it sounds a bit different from the other songs I posted earlier, it could fit my hypothetical album.

5 Likes

I woke up this morning and decided to release an album :grinning:

Should be on streaming soon

10 Likes

Dude, reading this now makes this post the most funny on this whole topic. Its also the one that i can relate :slight_smile:

1 Like

And i would love to hear that track :slight_smile:

1 Like

Itā€™s the final track on this album! I managed to get it finished up about 6 weeks ago :slight_smile:

Iā€™d link it directly but Iā€™m on mobile and itā€™s a pain lol.

2 Likes

Well, I got my album done. Took a long time as I spent almost 6 months in/out of various flus and shit. Anyway, release will be soon and Iā€™ll ofc post it here. Next steps are: Start preparing the youtube series while finishing off a few EPā€™s in various states of progress/decay. After those there is still plenty more to do to get this year rolling for reals.

5 Likes

I have a five track EP well on its way to being arranged and a concept for a second EP.

3 Likes

Taken from this live performance.
Standing up with a mic for the acoustic guitar and one for my voice would have been a better idea I guess (The acoustic guitar low strings kinda fight with my voice)
Itā€™s a recreation from an iPhone take where I improvised most of it, including strings/piano. I added the AR to play random piano notes.

4 Likes

Just made that over the weekend and think to myself, why not releasing something (EP, album, weā€™ll see) in that direction this yearā€¦

Edit: may need words, a bit of ironing some edges but Iā€™m curious what people think about releasability (not a word :blush:)

5 Likes

I will definitely NOT be releasing anything this year.

or ever for that matter

2 Likes

I released my first sample pack / Digitakt Project this year and Iā€™m working on some Tracks too. With the DT pack alone I made more ā‚¬$ than all my streams and sales in the last 10 Years.

2 Likes

New tune, Iā€™ve been messing about with some more organic sounds and instruments.
Having some fun with Moondrums and Geosonics from Sonic Couture.
Also, some bass, guitar, OB6 and Arp Odyssey.

Downtempo chilled out stuff.

5 Likes

My new mix, ā€œManufactured Safety (Sigint Unlucky Sevens Mix)ā€ is out today! A little hardcore techno hit by some breaks. Influences on how I chose the sound palette for this mix include Future Sounds of London and the early 90ā€™s album by Ultraviolence, ā€˜Life of Destructorā€™. Check out the whole EP, the other mixes are also fantastic!

Links to streaming services on my linktree:
https://linktr.ee/sigint

1 Like

This has been a very long project:

Check it out if you dig 1970ā€™s Italian genre film music - especially Giallo scores from the likes of Goblin, Bruno Nicolai, Morricone etc.

9 Likes