Your Commitment to Releasing Something in 2023

I’m still not committing to releasing anything, but if I were I’d say that there’s a new track out:

6 Likes

Thank you!

I’m making the commitment for an EP.

I’ll be starting next week to have something ready in March or at worst, end of March.

My brother and I made a commitment to each other to start off with Jamuary and then build out 4 tracks from those ideas the next month.

We’re doing separate stuff. His is Jazz, sometime rock, channeling his grunge days.

We initially planned to finish by the end of February, but we have family visiting now and it’s been a rough start to the month for other reasons.

Maybe at the end of February we’ll have just a first draft, so Im leaning towards March for this project.

Lastly, I’m looking forward to checking out everyone’s releases and or progress.

hmmm… yes, 2022 was harsh. 2 of 3 of the labels I release my stuff died. One of them was over 20 years old and soooo nice.

ok. This year: Finish at least one Album.
I think I will finish the upcoming album of my main project Mechanical Moth. It is with Vocals and the 8th in about 20 years. Maybe, if I´m fast enough release this year. Dunno if it will be a CD release. Times for CDs are rough. But I love making booklets, so I would miss that.

I surely will release something as guitarrist on menschdefekt and rot´n´core. And some other paid and unpaid guitar sessions, but I don´t count that as “own” release.

I don´t have a plan if I manage to release sth with Novastorm, my 2nd project. Label died. The guy I started the project with is drowning in depressions and didn´t do anything for years. And he was the main vox.

NEO, my 3rd project is dead I assume. As the label died, the project died too I think. I did this project for a befriended labelboss. And it was only a small thingy.

I plan to do some wasteland-madmax-electrostuff in cooperation with some showmen that do mad max style shows (with modded cars and stuff!) on big festivals like wacken and stuff. Sth like a soundtrack but it has to work in discos and clubs too.

ya. Much to do. I bet I forgot sth.

2 Likes

I would seriously listen to a whole album of this. It’s chill, funky, and that chord progression is absolute fire.

1 Like

I reckon I’ve got an entire album of this in me, but for now its just the single- if this single does well, pursuing the album gets put on the table.

For now, I’ve got another project I’m pursuing(but not committing to releasing in 2023)

The first part i hope to be done by this week/early next week(but refusing to commit to releasing in 2023) :grinning:

Edit: thank you so much for listening! Glad you liked it!

2 Likes

I haven’t yet listed to your track (I promise I will over the next several days) but I was impressed by your Jamuary posts.

I get the no commitment part, but I hope you do put something out even if it’s to shop around demos with labels.

I’ve just decided I’m committing to releasing a track a month this year. Minus January because of Jamuary… :upside_down_face: But I figured if I can get 31 Jams done, a finished song every month the rest of the year should be (famous last words…) doable right?

3 Likes

Not exactly what I had planned, but what I typically do: collect some recent recordings into a release. These are all from this past January and were posted in the Jamuary thread as well.

I suppose there is still plenty of time for another release this year!

3 Likes

my latest is out today.

oh - looks like the vinyl has just sold out.

hope you enjoy if you check it people

x

9 Likes

Hi guys, hi from Sogn og Fjordane, Norway.
I have been lurking around here for many years now. I am actually super proud to be releasing an album with a buddy today, and most of it is made on DT, A4mk1 and my Grandmother. My new Octa will play an important role in tomorrow night’s live set. Wish us luck.
I have no idea what genre this is, but if you have the time- take a listen. Hope you like it.

Thanks alot to mzero, because Elkherd is THE SHIT.

5 Likes

I’ve only listened to the first song so far but this is really good!

1 Like

That’s fantastic! I rarely purchase things posted in online forums, but I’ve added this one to my cart and gave you a follow.

Well done!

1 Like

This is absolutely lovely!

2 Likes

thanks guys! :slight_smile:

One of my favorite labels I’ve discovered lately will be releasing my album in the second half of 2023. I’m pretty excited about that.

5 Likes

Whats the label?

1 Like

It has not been officially communicated yet, but I will publish it here as soon as possible.

2 Likes

Just released a Rytm-only album. It’s a drone, ambient and soundtrack type of affair with some bits of beats here and there. All Rytm and mostly Rytm synthesis.

The dedicated thread:

8 Likes

oh man, I want to so BAD. I wanna get away from the rock/country rock that I already have out there streaming. And while I’m very proud of it, I just want to put something different out in the world. Been sitting on and creating more electronic-type stuff for the last 10 years or so and haven’t been brave enough to put it out (besides some stuff on Soundcloud; curated Battles from op forums [if you win you have to come up with the next one] and one little EP on band camp that like 3 people listened to).
Just from the op-1 field alone, I have hours of what I call tape dumps that I need to go through and edit. That’s not even counting the piles of stuff done with Polyend Tracker (and now the Play), Lyra 8, OT, and so on and so on. I’m also scared no one will listen to it. Maybe I’ll force myself to release one album tomorrow on bandcamp.

3 Likes