Your Digitakt-only "Productions" - do you have some?! ;-)

Hey!
In this strange track I sampled a single kick hit of the Rick and Morty PO into the sherman filterbank into my Digitakt.
Then I put this sample on to every track and started turning lots of knobs to end up with this strange distorted digital madness :sweat_smile:
I recorded this little live Jam a while ago and didnā€™t process it heavily after recording just some basic limiting.

Hope you enjoy! Make sure to check out my other music :kissing_cat:

4 Likes

Older sessions I had with the digitakt. I was tinkering with ambient boom bap stuff at the time.

Also my first session with digitakt ever.

3 Likes

Hi, I made this kinda fast dub track. Itā€™s a live performance on my Digitakt recorded trough Overbridge. Afterwards I just used an EQ to clean up the low end.

Every feedback on the mix and/or the arrangement is appreciated! Thanks in advance! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I really liked it! At first I thought it may be a little bit too chaotic but then I really started feeling the groove! Good job :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you very much!
I never was sure how to start this track, so I ended up blending the first track in by simply increasing the probability starting from 0% however the outcome of this way to start a track is always surprising and a bit chaotic.
Maybe some day Iā€˜ll go back to this track and prepare a intro :slight_smile:

1 Like

almost 100% Digitakt (with some help from MM2 :nerd_face: )

1 Like

Just created this video on a train ride to Berlin (currently still on that train thanks to an epic delay)

Set myself a challenge: sample the train around your seating area and create a jam + upload to YouTube. Done :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Cool concept, and making yourself a challenge is a good idea :slight_smile: also digging the outcome :smiley:

Youā€™re bound to have been receiving some weird looks while recording sounds tho haha

1 Like

And another sample session with Digitakt (and a little bit of Digitone)

5 Likes

Great work

Niceā€¦

It sounds more soul than hip-hop to me and a little Caribbean jump up to end it. Niceā€¦

Thanks! Iā€™d say the front half of it is pretty straight ahead late 80s style fast rap kind of stuff. The back half is different though and yeah, the last one was me applying those same production styles to something more along the lines of like a soca track. But my background is hip-hop and I tend to think of everything I do as some version of that.

Hereā€™s a couple of digitakt only sessions I made last year, enjoy

3 Likes

Sounds awesome! :star_struck:

1 Like

Also this oneā€¦
Hour long set with just Digitakt

2 Likes

Hereā€™s an ambient piece I made on Digitakt. Sampled the Digitone, pitched it down and layered the sounds. (-60, -57, -55, -48 as far as I remember). Drum samples are also from Digitone. Around 2 minutes mark it becomes an ambient dance track. It was a Discord channel challenge submission and the theme was ā€œmarsā€. I imagined the Curiosity Rover doing its daily tasks, transmit its findings at the first half and finding an alien dance party at the second. Enjoy !

6 Likes

I made this for a little beat battle we did here. I figured Iā€™d post this here, as well. This was all done on the Digitakt. It samples The Peopleā€™s Court. I think itā€™s cool.

8 Likes
2 Likes

I donā€™t think anyones ever made a full song with the Digitakt. It lacks a song mode, thus making full songs is by definition (de facto if youā€™re latin) impossible.

1 Like