Your Digitakt-only "Productions" - do you have some?! ;-)

Yeah, why even try with such a grossly crippled device?

This is a thread of people making full songs on the Digitakt. What are you talking about?

I believe he’s talking about sarcasm.

1 Like

Yeah, looking back at it, I glossed over that latin bit

2 Likes

I’ve been using the Digitakt a lot lately… I hit record last night while experimenting.

9 Likes

Super cool, YouTube already told me to watch it, glad to see it appear here again!

1 Like

https://www.instagram.com/tv/Ce9Rk9ilszh/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

2 Likes

Recorded separated tracks in one go. On ableton used only effects.

2 Likes

I did this for a little beat battle we had here. It’s a Goodfellas themed remix of an old record by the Clipse. This is the dirty version and the instrumental. 100 percent Digitakt.

5 Likes

Hi Fellas,
i got two new tracks for you i made just on the Digitakt. Since 5 Years the Digitakt is my go-to device when making music. It feels so natural to me to make music on.
Of course i took a little help here and there from my bass guitar, Rhodes MK2, OP-1 and some percussions lying on my table.

I hope you’ll like it. I was in some kind of swampy mood after listening to a lot of old Flying Lotus music :slight_smile:

2 Likes

First live jam with Digitak after switching from model:samples
:control_knobs::musical_keyboard::love_you_gesture::musical_keyboard::control_knobs:

Just worked out some patterns in Digitakt while Metro game plays in the background. Performed it live and added vocals from radio and an arp from the lovely prophet 08.

Melodic DnB.
All you are hearing is from digitakt only.

8 Likes

Hi Nauts. Here’s a new free sample pack and a music and tutorial video where I show the recording process and how I mangled the samples into a techno groove. This time I went to the Laundromat. The samples are surprisingly useful! Enjoy :slight_smile:

Get the free samples: Shop — Dave Mech

5 Likes

100% digitakt thru a borrowed SSL SiX for master bus compression and then analog heat for clean boost

7 Likes

If this thread can accept a +1 (0-Coast!), I’ve been bringing some of the performance fx techniques I worked out on Syntakt back to the Digitakt. Turning trig probability to zero to use p-locks as cue-able effects…

This sketch cues up vocal sample manipulation and, via midi loopback, freeze delay + fx on the lead line from 0-Coast. I find it a really fun play style and complement/alternative to the control-all technique for the Digi boxes…

Minimal Ableton stock plugin eq, light additional compression, limiter.

5 Likes

This is interesting stuff. Thanks for showing how you do it. I’ll definitely be exploring this in the near future.

Also, I meant to say the above when you posted in the Syntakt Standalone thread but I got sidetracked. So I’m doubly glad that you posted this.

1 Like

Thanks a lot! I’ve been working on a tutorial video for OT-style FX scenes on the Digitakt, and I’ve figured out how to do a number of things since posting this one. I’ve been pretty blown away by all these machines can do. More soon,

2 Likes

Can’t wait!

here’s a new video where I create a sample pack and track from sounds in the world around me. This time I recorded a coffee machine. Great samples to play with :slight_smile: First you see the sampling process, then the sound design process and then the live performance of the track I created. Which is a bit of a goofy track but it was fun to create.

Get the sample pack: Coffee Machine Sample pack

Enjoy!

6 Likes