"Your location is set to Rest of World"

Does this really need to come up every time I visit a page on elektron.se?! If you’re in a country that’s on the list, does that stop it from coming up?

*cries in Australian*

7 Likes

Definitely makes me as an antipodean feel somewhat more alienated than I already do.
“Your location is set to Elsewhere”

4 Likes

It’s like when Depeche Mode announces a “World Tour” and it’s just Europe. Guess I live outside of the world.

2 Likes

I’ve noticed this as well. I wish they shipped to Australia - have wanted to get the sleeve for the M:C, which no local retailers stock.

We really need to start calling Australia The Upside Down.

1 Like

DJ City and StoreDJ have them, not in stock, but they’d probably order them in for you.

This is why we need a staffed Elektron headquarters in Australia…

I’m putting my hand up for my house.

4 Likes

Clear cookies and site data.

sheeeeit, Australia is the new funky town

1 Like

yeah, be nice to snag a sweat shirt or something if u were feeling trigger happy. not sure why it’s such an issue, shipping logistics I think. or maybe deals with distributors

Its a simple numbers game.
Manucturers and Distributers deal in crates. Sales for Australia next to sales to EU would be insignificant. Dont forget, synth stuff is niche as fuck. Never mind USA, which is where all the sales are.

I used to be sales manager for a very small skate company in UK. Used to shift hundreds of boards per quarter, per EU country. Boards to Australia? Couldnt even fill one crate for the year. Wasnt worth doing. We sold direct to customer. Shipping was and still is ridiculous.

2 Likes

True. But in this case I presume they’d just use their local postal service paid for by the customer. Perhaps they think the postage fee is just so high and unattractive that they don’t bother.

on a completely unrelated note is dead horse really the Australian term used for ketchup or was I misinformed by some clever trickster? Also do Australians hate being called Aussies

Sorry to derail your thread, I believe the elektron site kicks us all in the groin but my settings are pretty anti-cookie oriented.

Correct. Lots of US shops wont ship to AU for the same reason, they think the prices are so high AU customers wont be interested.

Dead horse = sometimes but very rarely.

Aussies = Only detestable when pronounced like it’s spelt. ie Awwssees. “Ozzies” is totally fine in my experience.

What shits me more is the whole upside-down thing. How are people that ignorant of how globes and gravity work? I prefer my US in-laws cracking hilarities that we’re all criminals than that display of retardation.

No, it still comes up on every visit and disrupts the flow

1 Like

I’ve never heard the term. If it’s used it may be particular to a certain area.

Being called Aussies - almost no one is offended by it and many like it and use the term. But probably just as many are indifferent to it.

I don’t think most Australians connect with the term “Down Under” - certainly no one uses it.

It’s more of an older bloke thing in my experience. Adapted from cockney slang from UK immigrants I believe. Frog & toad etc.

My comment by any chance?

Decided I’d rather take ownership of that joke because the whole Down Under thing needs to fkn die.

Plus we got some weird monsters and increasingly brutal weather systems so it seems kinda fitting (to me at least).

1 Like

Oh it just reminded me of it. No dramas but both probably need to die in a combustible tar pit. Haha

1 Like