Your old music

Hello fellow Electronauts!

I’ve been considering my musical journey recently. It’s been a fairly long road… my style, equipment, (and ability!) have all changed significantly. It’s interesting to take a moment to reflect on the past. I’ve personally mellowed in recent years…

With that in mind, let’s share tracks that are now older than a decade.

I’ll kick us off with a Monomachine heavy number from 2009:

Oof!

9 Likes

Edit: This hole playlist is from 15-20 years ago. :smiley:

8 Likes

All the tracks on this ep are around 15 years old, terrible mixing but some cute ideas:

5 Likes

Must be 10 years ago

2 Likes

This was the first thing I recorded on my own laptop when I was maybe 14 (almost 15 years ago!), though for some reason a couple years later I went and put a bunch of reverb on top and that’s the only version that survived.

1 Like

What a great idea. Here’s some stuff from the 90’s that I cleaned up and uploaded to Bandcamp recently.

Voyetra – Plateau. Archive album #1/3 ‘92–‘97. Breakbeat, Downtempo, Ethno-House, Trance

Voyetra – Alchemy. Archive album #2/3 ‘93–‘98. Breakbeat, Downtempo, Triphop

Voyetra – Kalimari. Archive album #3/3 ‘98–‘00. Ambient, Downtempo, Electronic

Also on Apple Music & Spotify etc.

3 Likes

This is fun, in an embarrassing sort of way. These are all from around 2004-2005.

One long Nord Modular jam:
1HR.FT:1 - Bruise The Air (2005)
1HR.FT:2 - Bruise The Air (2005)
1HR.FT:3 - Bruise The Air (2005)

An MPC, tape loops and tape manipulation:
N.S.M.S. - Bruise The Air (2005)

Probably the first audio recording I did, and one of the first heavily edited tracks I did that wasn’t just messing around in Fruity Loops. Posted in '04, but probably actually done closer to '99-2000.
Palindromes - Bruise The Air (2004)

1 Like

Ooh, this one is 10 years old now. Released in 2011. I’m on production duties.

2 Likes

Oh man. Here’s the last album I wrote solo before we started Radioactive Sandwich. I put it up on Spotify last year solely so I could stream it in my playlists. Haha. This was my best solo stuff… which should tell you how bad beginner Slice Two was.

1 Like

This is probably around 2008. I made an album (never released it) of 20s/30s jazz tunes chopped and reworked:

And this is when I moved to New York in 2011 and started drinking coffee for the first time:

2 Likes

I’m pretty sure this is like 2001 or 2002. A couple jazz records, a drum break, too much reverb. Good times.

9 Likes

a project from 2011

3 Likes

First dance track I did, with Pascal OVNI in 1999. Pretty-much all Novation Supernova and Emu E5k Ultra.

1 Like

1989-90 was all about long hair and loud guitars for me. Would have been genuinely shocked by any synths or other electronic trickery intruding…

7 Likes

That’s pretty good!

1 Like

…and there’s this one from 2006, with Seb Taylor (a.k.a. Kaya Project / Hibernation / Shakta / Digitalis).

2 Likes

Never quite good enough… We were a tip for the top in the music press back in the day, but the record buying/gig attending public just didn’t share the music journos’ taste. Too loud and obnoxious for the shoegaze crowd; completely at sea when the world went all britpop. Did put out a couple of Pete Kember produced EPs before disappearing back into obscurity. Actually that is probably the wrong term, as we never actually emerged from obscurity in the first place :laughing:

5 Likes

Reminds me of the Telescopes, pretty cool stuff

Played a couple of gigs with them. We were both on Cheree records back in the day. They seem to be still going bless them. The Perfect Needle was a tune

1 Like

Well, you can always take some pride in the fact that you were liked by the ‘pros’ and hey, you got a new fan now 30 odd years later! :slight_smile:

2 Likes