Your old music

I think this was the first track that had a life outside of MySpace, the rest of the stuff were more garagy gothic stuff played very badly! :wink:

1 Like

Very nice. Growing up a Leeds lad in the mid-80s, have always had a soft spot for a bit of gothiness. Nothing wrong with garage goth either. Was delighted to see the Rose of Avalanche disinter themselves a couple of years back. LA Rain was garage goth at its finest.

1 Like

Great variety of tracks being posted

Went to see if I could get stuff from MySpace but no joy.

This is an early thing from youtube. Made around 2010

3 Likes

Nice! Sounds like Amon Tobin, Squarepusher, and DJ Qbert were partying and decided to jam!

2 Likes

Ha, cheers :slight_smile:
3 artists I’d have been heavily listening to back then. Actually think I sampled a cut from a skratch piklz routine in this

1 Like

In my case, the garagy bit was unintentional! hahaha
I just suck, but I enjoyed it.

my first couple of tracks. 2000-2002ish.

This was Novation Supernova 2 and Yamaha A3000.

This was Yamaha CS2x & A3000 and Control Synthesis Deep Bass Nine used as a filter.

1 Like

this is recently 10 years old

haven’t used trackers in a while. the M8 will probably be my re-entrance when that comes around…

2 Likes

I was pretty active with net labels back in the day. A lot of Bogdan rip offs… Some weird stuff with aliases.

2014 on Upitup (Roland D20, Alesis HR16, maybe a Casio, Tascam Cassette Recorder)

Year ? on Beat is Murder Net Label (Reason)

2009 on The Poni Republic (Reason)

2009 on Camomille Netlabel (Casio SA-21 and Audacity)

1 Like

2007 - This track was never adapted beyond this basic sketch/mix but It got lots of attention at the time, on various sites & there were offers of a release from Orlando Voorn & Boe Recordings. Someone even told me they thought it was a Ron Trent track. But for one reason or another i never made the changes to the mix & structure that were needed to get it released.

Edit: Started uploading loads of old, unfinished demos to Soundcloud.

2 Likes

Drums, Bass, Sax. Timid little sax player. This was my last band in college.

2 Likes

You asked for it :smiley:

These are the sound experiments I made from 2009-2011

Sadly, they’re less cringey than the serious songs I made from that time period

Edit: through a miraculous sign from God(a bug on the bc embedded player), you all have been spared from my early “music”.

Give thanks unto Him

2 Likes

It is from 2012. Made with Synapse Orion. All tunes played on computer keyboard as I had no Midi keyboard back then :slight_smile:

1 Like

One from 2002.

Again, just a demo that never went beyond its initial mix/sequence. Most of the demos i’m posting on Soundcloud were demos of new equipment, so they were explorations of functions/features, rather than fleshed out tracks.

I particularly enjoy the vocal at 1.35.

1 Like

this thread had me digging and wincing in the archive, 2004 breakcore romance

1 Like

1993 - Hardcore/Rave Demo. Was going to get a Vinyl release but the label boss went to prison. Then Production House wanted to release it…if i payed them £1500. No thanks.

A bit cringe in parts, but thought i’d post anyway.

3 Likes

From 2001.

2 Likes

I recorded this album in 2010 using just a Monomachine and MDUW.

It sounds a little cheesy and dated in parts, but I was all over the melodies back then.

3 Likes