Your setups [ 10k Archive]

Nice! I was tempted by one of those once (the keyboard version), but decided I had enough gear at the time. :stuck_out_tongue:

My ‘no strings and keyboards’ corner.

Wow I have wanted one of those for so long. How are you triggering it?

No string but a lot of cable ! :smiley:

I love modular but I am afraid to start mine … There is always free space to fill with new module …

What’s that mixer you use there?[/quote]

Boss KM-60. Lovely little 6-channel mixer from the late 70’s I think. Small in features, large in sound!

Current incarnation of my studio:

2x Focal CMS65
Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro
Octatrack
Analog Four
Alesis 3630
Zoom 1201
Boss KM-60
Zoom H4n
An old Pioneer mixer that I use as a headphone amp, due to an issue the Boss has

This is my current setup.

[ul]
[li]Shitty speakers[/li]
[li]Shitty headphones[/li]
[li]Octatrack[/li]
[li]Korg Volca Keys[/li]
[li]Teenage Engineering OP-1[/li]
[li]Critter & Guitari Pocket Piano Midi[/li]
[li]Boss DS-2 Turbo Distortion[/li]
[/ul]

I’m pretty satisfied with the setup, but I need to have a better place for it all. When I’m writing new music I prefer to sit down. With this setup I’ll just jam for hours but never really finish anything.

Here’s where it’s all going to end up:

I plan on adding a shelf of some sort to the corner and extending it outwards on the empty wall. Now I just need to come up with a way to hide all the ugly cables and power supplies. Weekend project here I come!

One year old setup.

3 Likes

Oh my! Is that a CS-80 in there?
Pretty astonishing array of synths you have.

here is my prox 15 euro elektron stands :slight_smile: … i had to get 1 pipe cut the other parts were in stock! …

I also bought fish tank sand to fill the pipes in order to make them heavier, but works quite allright… machines don’t slide around because the angle is quite steep …

big thanks to all elektron folks who inspired me with their builds or links

off course will take the price tags off and maybe spray paint them black … happy turning knobs and pipe fitting

:slight_smile:

2 Likes

Very nice !!!

@Smais
I trig it with the GND-Im machine from MD
It sends pulse trigs and you can vary the length of them and that way achieve flams, dbl.trigs and what not… Great fun…excellent combo… I am considering to let the MD go and spend the money on Analog Rytm…that would be so sweet

brilliant, i like your style :wink:

I have a tight setup which is also mobile, meaning it can be put into a custom flight case in one lift :slight_smile:

You can see it here

Notice the compressor which is often set to side chained BD from the MD

Just had a move around so might as well post up a pic or two.

Here is my computerless setup. Pieced together for a particular project. This is the current state of my room, it seems to be ever-changing…

Not my whole setup, but…

Monomachine Cat!

She’s seriously always into my gear, or me, or both lol. I used to have a K5000S she’d sleep on while I played.

My Push has a decksaver plastic cover on it -_- She doesn’t walk on the Elektrons.

1 Like

older

Recently moved and just finished setting everything up in my new space. Most everything in view should be easily recognizable. Off screen to the left is the mixer (lm32), a space echo (re150), korg ms2000R, various other rack components, and my computer / monitor. The right side lower shelve corner is a mess of filterbank2, 3volcas, and a kp3. Slightly off to the right: ion and jd800.

Moving the monitors today as I’m not liking this placement.