Halo 3 (mostly for Forge mode)
FF7
Timesplitters 2
Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door
Castlevania Sotn
The Witness
Mega Man X

3 Likes

Top games lists for me make me think of the ones I spent countless hours on, maybe not the best games I ever played.

In no particular order here are my top time wasters!

Roller Coaster Tycoon
Sims (anyone with multiplayer)
Diablo 2
Command & Conquer: Red Alert
Super Mario 64
Legend of Zelda: Majoraā€™s Mask
GTA: San Andreas
Halo 2
Skate 2
Bloodborne

1 Like

Shocked at how long it too tetris to show up in peoples lists :open_mouth:

Tetris (NES)
Einhander
Final Fantasy Tactics
Outrun
PSO
Monster Hunter
Shenmue
Ikaruga
Tomba
Marathon Infinity

There are also a ton racing and fighting games I adore but it was easier to mostly leave them out of the mix.

5 Likes

The Witness
Inside
Street Fighter V
Street Fighter II
Intelligent Qube
Pilotwings
Splatterhouse
Hidden In Plain Sight
Killer 7
Ikaruga

3 Likes

Lots of awesome games listed here, some which I completely forgot about.
Ohh man, this seems so hard to just pick 10 because I love so many video games over many decades.

1. Stalker Shadow of Chernobyl
  2. Might and Magic 4 : Clouds of Xeen
  3. Hotline Miami
  4. Metal Gear Solid 5
  5. Max Payne (literally the whole series I enjoyed)
  6. Stardew Valley
  7. X-Com UFO Defense
  8. Faster than Light
  9. Super Metroid
  10. Culdcept

There are many other games Iā€™d love to put on the list (HL2, Duke Nukem 3D, Diablo 2, Quest for Glory, Out of this World, etcā€¦) though the ones I put were based on how much I enjoyed them and hours played. Too many to list!

5 Likes

I probably need to shout out Harvest Moon alsoā€¦ those games were so addictive as a kid.

1 Like

I play so much Tetris that Iā€™m not sure Iā€™d call it a game. More like therapy. :smiley:

Got 578 lines in marsthon on T99 a few weeks back :smiley:

1 Like

Splatter House!

Love that one!

Still play it both in MAME and on my MiSTer.

I remember playing Harvest Moon on SNES emulator a long time ago, thatā€™s why I think I enjoy Stardew Valley so much. Plus Concerned Apes success story with it is inspiring for any creative type. He put so much love into that game!

Jagged Alliance ! Those were fun games, but hard if I remember correctly.

1 Like

scared me to death as a kid, but I couldnā€™t stop playing cause it was so fun!

1 Like

Yeah Harvest Moon had some of the weirdest secrets alsoā€¦ I though a bit about putting metal gear 5 on my list also, mechanically one of the best games ever I think, all the things in the world just interact so well in a way that I kind of didnā€™t think possible in an open world game. The story is a bit of a let down though.

2 Likes

WHOA back to back Ikaruga fam

Tetris doesnā€™t even feel like a video game, it feels like chess or rock, paper, scissors - like itā€™s a part of culture!

1 Like

ugh forgot Silent Hill 1-3 as well

Borleyā€™s Haunted Mansionā€¦

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild
Super Mario Galaxy
Mario Kart (any of them)
Resident Evil 4
Advance Wars
Tetris
Outrun
Fantasy Zone
Bubble Bobble
PC Kid 2

4 Likes

Shenmue!!

Such a great game.

1 Like

:hugs: thanks

1 Like

Man, Iā€™d really wanted to know whatā€™s like to really enjoy FromSoftwareā€™s recent games (Souls series, Bloodborne and Sekiro).

Iā€™ve really tried, more than once, because I like the plot and the aesthetics. Even with Bloodborne, called by many as the easiest one, I feel awful. I get very anxious, my heart starts to race, etc.

1 Like

Iā€™ve always enjoyed them but yeah they never really stressed me out, I think often when I have had a bad time with one is when I start to care to much about making progression or being good at the game. Just having fun in the world poking around until I figure out a bossā€¦ but yeah if you canā€™t find a way to disconnect from the stress of it I donā€™t know if it is worth while. I will say Bloodborne is probably only easiest if you like to play aggressively in games, you can totally make a turtle type character in darksouls and cheese out the game more if you want. Sekiro is boarder line stupid hard but a total gem and really feels amazing when you more or less find yourself in the zone parrying things perfectly.