Micro machines
Revs
Sabrewulf
Knightlore
Jet Pac
Galaxians
Asteroids
Castle quest

Mix of BBC Micro and PlayStation. Stopped playing computer games when music software got fucking awesome.

2 Likes

I liked the sociopaths, weirdos and drug addicts, hah. Haywire, Larry Roachburn and so on. Always had a lot more fun playing with the shitty weirdo guys who’d drink and do drugs and fuck up all the time. It’s seriously just like an 80s action movie.

Like when Larry Roachburn relapses on alcohol: * Bottles of alcohol constantly appear in his inventory when relapsed. This can be useful for creating Molotov cocktails.

Damn…I really need to play it again.

Yeah, for sure. Install the 1.3 mod tho, it makes the game a lot better.

1 Like

Uff, that’s hard. Gaming since the 80s. Still gaming.
Have to make a time-travel for me.
Just games that I enjoyed playing a lot through the decades:

Moon Patrol (Atari 2600/ 1986) = played first the video game slot machine version and later got it for my Atari 2600 at home. was so happy ! Must be 1986.

Hero (Atari 2600 / 1987) = Favorite game for the Atari 2600. Super hard and hours of fun !

DOOM (PC / 1993) = After Wolfenstein this geared up two levels. Pure violence in 3D !

Ocarina of Time (Nintendo 64 / 1998) = The first Open World experience. Breath taking !

Metal Gear Solid 1 (PS1 / 1998) = Real espionage thriller and you were the main character ! The first time I felt playing a movie ! And a real good one !

Starcraft 1 (PC / 1998) or Warcraft 3 (PC / 2002), but I like Starcraft better! So much fun with my friends in local multiplayer. Bringing the heavy screens and breaking backs !

DEUS EX (PC / 2000) = tuff choices --> tuff consequences ! The original cyberpunk video gaming experience !

Half-Life 2 (PC / 2004) = Just perfection ! And so mysterious !

Last of Us 2 (PS4 / 2020) = yes love it ! Yes, its sometimes cheesy, but they hooked me. So emotional ! And the best stealth gameplay ever !

Elden Ring (PC / 2022) = Never tough I would play a From Software game through, but I did it and it was the best gaming experience since a decade. Truly fresh and amazing !

4 Likes

No particular order…

Silent Hill 2
Doom (1993)
Halo
Wipeout Pulse
Gridrunner++
Space Giraffe
Homeworld 2
Quake III Arena
Unreal Tournament
Quake (more specifically Arcane Dimensions)

There was a thread about arcades a while back. I remember those days. Massive sounds from the centipede game, since cabinets had to compete right beside each other. Joust as well.

I loved the Vector traced Star Trek and Star Wars games.

2 Likes

re: system shock

are you excited about the remake?
what do you like so much about the original? I never played it but just assumed it was a sub-par Doom clone but I bet I’m wrong if it’s one of your GOATs

2 Likes

I can’t think of my top ten. But I can update it as I go on.

Shadow run for the SNES.

The Super Mario for game boy that had that ridiculously emotional end theme.

Metroid for game boy.

Star fox.

Pilot wings

Half Life 2

Metroid for the Wii

GTA Vice and Liberty city.

Perfect Dark or Golden eye

1 Like
  1. Ultima 6 ( also 4 and 5)

2. Bard’s Tale (Apple IIGS enhanced version)

3. Final Fantasy VII (and IX and XIV: ARR)

4. Baldur’s Gate

5. Witcher 3

6. Skyrim

7. Diablo 3

8. Assassin’s Creed: Odyssey

9. Age of Empires 3

10. Bubble Bobble or Samurai Showdown II or Twin Cobra or Double Dragon.

Lucky enough to have this 30 min drive away. Massive and very loud/busy - perfect!

2 Likes

the Soyo Oka wormhole always provides, i’d like to know more about her personal projects but found this 2022 banger released last month. all the vibes.

wonder if she used one of the SNES emulators for this.

edit and todays most obscure wtf is this find is: Oka Soyo – Drum Point 4 Funk (2001, CD) - Discogs

anyone heard this!?!!?!??!?! can anyone find audio online? would love to hear.

Also :

• Frogger
  • Donkey Kong
  • Pac-Man

In these formats

• Burger Time
  • Asteroids
  • Nibbler
1 Like

Yeah definitely!
I loved the original, cyberpunk theme, found it really engrossing and kinda creepy too. Great how it split between cyberspace and reality. Hadn’t played anything like that before.
Also when it came out I was a student so had plenty of time to spend on this type of thing while discovering all kinds of substances :slight_smile:
I still have a ratty t-shirt somewhere!

Age of empires.

So many amazing games and memories in all these lists!

While i started out playing MS-DOS games, and owned the NES and SNES, the N64 came out in my prime gaming years and had more impact on me than anything I played before. So to give other games a chance I had to make a separate list :blush:

N64

Top 3 is fixed, rest in random order:

1. Zelda OOT (also my overall number 1, forever)
  2. Super smash brothers
  3. Goldeneye
  4. Mario 64
  5. 1080 snowboarding
  6. Mario Party 64
  7. V-Rally
  8. Rogue Squadron
  9. Mario Kart 64
  10. Wave Race 64

HM: Blast Corps, Turok, Pilot Wings, Zelda Majoras Mask

In random order, without N64 games:

1. Zelda: Breath of the Wild
  2. Elder Scrolls Oblivion
  3. GTA vice city
  4. Tony Hawk pro Skater 3
  5. Warcraft 2
  6. Fallout 3
  7. PES 5
  8. Mass Effect 2
  9. God of War (reboot)
  10. Last of Us

HM:

Day of the Tentacle, Full Throttle, Super Mario Bros, Turtles in Time, Ren and Stimpy Time Machine, NBA jam, Diablo 3, Dungeon Keeper, Donky Kong Country, Batman returns, The incredible Machine, Doom, Lemmings, Tomb Raider, Uncharted 4, Hand of Fate, Sam and Max, the 7th guest

3 Likes

IIRC technically the original system shock is abandonware. I remember getting a copy of the original installed in its own dedicated copy of DOSBOX preconfigured to map to controls and whatnot. It didn’t have mouselook which made it difficult to play, but it worked. It was creepy, and then SHODAN spoke to me for the first time and I about shit my pants. Turned the game off and uninstalled while I was ahead. So I would say SHODAN is the highlight.

Head over Heels (ZX Spectrum)
Carrier Command (Atari ST)
Sonic the Hedgehog (Megadrive)
Resident Evil (PS1)
Ico (PS2)
Unreal Tournament (PC)
World of Warcraft (PC)
Fallout 4 (PC)
Witcher 3 (PC)
Mariokart 8 (Switch)

On another day it’d be another 10!

2 Likes

Vector Star Wars, Battlezone, Tempest, Star Castle, TRON Deadly Disc, Time Pilot, Space Invaders, Missle Command, Defender, Asteroids…

We used to go to an arcade on Saturday’s in the early 80s that had all you can play from 10 till 1 for $5. Pinocchio’s. The good ol’ days.

miss the old arcade machines

4 Likes

actual list

Last of us 1 + 2
Super Mario World
Counter Strike GO
Half Life 1 + 2
Zelda - Breath of the Wild
Tetris
Breakout
Metroid Dread (It´s great)
Simon the Sorcerer