Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom (Spoiler free discussion)

Just pre-ordered the download, and it has already downloaded.

I bought BotW on a card, but tbh now I wish I would have gotten it digitally. I won’t sell it, and it’s a pain switching cards between the only two games I ever play: Zelda and Mario Kart.

2 Likes

Breath of the Wild in MineCraft!

4 Likes

Yeah, I’m the same way. I actually play my physical games less, as well. I canceled my physical pre-order yesterday and bought it digitally.

3 Likes

I like to buy physical and sell after I‘ve finished a game. Nintendo and Switch games especially almost keep their full price value, so you can have blockbuster games for effectively 10 to 15 euros. TOTK is the first big game I‘ve preordered digitally at full price, since I expect a shortage of cards for a few days and also wouldn’t be able to visit a store until at least Monday. I might also want to return to the game.

1 Like

Trying not to get too excited, but got an email saying mine is ready for post, so think it could arrive tomorrow! Have already taken Friday off!

2 Likes

Preordered digitally now. Used coupons one is still available and now first world problems😂 what to redeem the last one for. Smash brothers ultimate, Advanced Wars 1+2, octopath Traveler.
I think smash brothers might be a good pick

1 Like

spotted these lols on reddit

Not long now folks

5 Likes

Lol it’s been a struggle to explain my weekend plans to people

Is it really less than 24 hours? Is it real?

Bro &!@* your review embargo fr I want my bias confirmed

2 Likes

It’s funny I was just at an after work drinks so that pic hit hard haha. I didn’t mention totk to anyone but leaned in on a bunch of other menial tasks like buying a cake and doing some research haha

1 Like

Seriously like why can’t I enjoy my game judge free after a 6 year wait when the world contorts itself for a football tournament every 4 years.

1 Like

Haha I know right it’s embarrassing

Reviews should drop in the next hours or so.

I got another day ahead of me tho, pick up a physical on lunch break tomorrow so will be another day for me

havent read anything in this topic yet

not sure i want toooo haha

1 Like

Alright, no metascore yet but IGN’s review intro is just what I wanted to hear as best case scenario “Breath of the Wild felt far from unfinished but, inconceivably, Tears of the Kingdom has somehow made it feel like a first draft.”

Edit: Polygon goes in the same direction “Breath of the Wild* was a design watershed, an engineering marvel, and an encouraging sign that Nintendo was beginning to loosen its grip. It was also, it turns out, just an overture.”

Edit: Nintendolife says the same “Somehow, Tears of the Kingdom does the impossible and makes Breath of the Wild feel like a proof of concept; it takes everything its predecessor does, improves upon every single aspect, and gives you even more freedom, an even bigger world, and tons more secrets to uncover. It’s frankly staggering and makes for an absolutely incredible experience.”

4 Likes

Nintendo Life “It’s impossible to talk about everything that makes The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom so incredible”

Imma break in to the store

IGN 10/10: “masterpiece”

That’s all I needed to see. Still blocking out the world till I can play tomoro

2 Likes

IGN 10/10, Gamespot 10/10, Game Informer 9,75/10. Seems on track to challenge Botw when it comes to Metascore.

Edit: Metascore stands at 97 now, based on 60 reviews :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

For anyone that’s been following the dev interviews on Nintendo.com, parts 4 & 5 are up now

1 Like

They provided info I wish I hadn’t known so I’m done with those

2 Likes

Hehe fair enough

Don’t read the last of the spotlighted blurbs from Reviews on Metacritic that scored it 9/10. There’s a spoiler in there I wish I hadn’t read.

3 Likes