Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom (Spoiler free discussion)

The developers said they made it to be accessible to new players. I’ve seen reviews mention you don’t have to have played it but it makes the experience richer.

1 Like

This is the first time in my long history of playing Zelda that I’ve had it on launch day. It’s downloading. I have some time before work and the house is quiet. Life is good :relieved:

4 Likes

:raised_hands:
I feel that gratefulness.

1 Like

Performance seems to be quite good given the scale. But I bet we will see people playeing with the physics a lot building bigger and bigger and reaching limits quite early I suppose. Sadly. But Maybe switch 2 :joy:

1 Like

I put in a day off request at work as soon as the release date was official and I had everything ready for a 3-day TOTK marathon, but unfortunately I had to change my plans and in the end I will be getting it today but I will probably only be able to play it for a couple of hours. Also bad timing for buying a Pulsar-23 1 week ago because now there are two extremely cool things demanding my attention in the upcoming weeks. This is eating me from the inside :sweat_smile:

Anyway, can’t wait to get lost in Hyrule for a few hours today.

5 Likes

I’m currently dealing with a chronic fatigue flair up and have been endlessly scrolling and looking at gear to compensate.

I never got around to completing BOTW when I had it a few years back but my friend just came around and dropped off their Switch for me to borrow and I’m considering jumping straight into the latest Zelda.
Would I run into any issues there?

6 Likes

No, just jump in.

3 Likes

omw to the store

1 Like

In hand. 6 hours of work.

2 Likes

Just picked up my copy and heading home. The guy at my local store said they had 650 pre orders at their store alone - said he’s never seen anything like it. This thing is huge

1 Like

I’ll be picking it up next weekend. No point looking at it this weekend as basically having a boozy one and hungover/half cut Zelda doesn’t feel like a smart move…

2 Likes

I completed all previous Zelda games some multiple times, my favourite one was Wind Walker on GC, BotW was the firrst one i put aside, and got bored.

I dont mind wearing/ breaking item mechanics, but for me it wasnt obvious where the smith is to repair stuff. Not sure if i am still intrested in the series, if they go oldschool or further in BotW srea.

No smith/repair. Same in TotK apparently.

But the Fuse mechanic changes the game.

Update took like 3 mins

It’s time!

Will report back later

Ciao!

1 Like

I bought an online copy and it’s telling me 85 hours to download haha

I wonder if I’d have any luck finding a copy in store.

2 Likes

Yeah try physical, the servers will be busy for quite a long time I think. You can sell the physical later if you want to. But I think also for the physical you have to be fast in the first few days. Seems that people are pretty much buying nintendos shelves empty

1 Like

Loving it fam

Mysterious, disorientating, hard, mystical

So good

2 Likes

I didn’t preorder, went today and got a copy from my local video games shop. I could even get a 30 euro discount by giving back a xenoblade game that I bought on sale and only played once.
Anyway, I plan to finish Botw before jumping on this one. But I share your excitement :laughing:

5 Likes

Woke up early today
I went to go to Walmart across the street from me to see if maybe I could buy a copy in store and return the one being shipped to me
Looks like it was sold out- to be expected
Checking endlessly on shipping details
Arrived at the distribution center in my city, but doesn’t appear to have hit the road just yet

The anticipation is killing me

2 Likes

Update! Just recently got loaded onto the truck and made it on the road :slightly_smiling_face::slightly_smiling_face::slightly_smiling_face: