Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom (Spoiler free discussion)

It’s gonna be a long, long work day.

2 Likes

I pre-ordered, digitally, but thought I should finish BotW first. Just did it!

In we go….

2 Likes

3,5 hours in and loving it, it’s pure magic. (Didn’t play BOTW, btw.)

2 Likes

Let’s go!

3 Likes

Last night, I bought $70 worth of eshop gift cards at the supermarket (gotta get those grocery points on the credit card), and the dude at checkout was like “taking the day off tomorrow?”
Sadly, no.

4 Likes

I’m currently at the DMV. This was exceedingly poor planning on my part.

4 Likes

Would it be unethical for me to cancel classes today, or would that make me the greatest teacher alive?

American History (we already covered political corruption).

2 Likes

Cancel em!

2 Likes

Depends what you’re teaching…

2 Likes

Fuck it. I’ve still got 40 minutes. When I tell them that I was pondering the canceling of class, guess who I’m blaming for not talking me into it…

3 Likes

Played the first half hour. The music seems to set the atmosphere more than in BOTW, both in cut scenes as well as in gameplay.

edit: surprised how much muscle memory is still there after 6years

1 Like

I just finished playing thru Breath of the Wild with my 5-year-old daughter last week. I liked the game okay before, but playing with her helped me see what’s so special about it. She insisted on playing regularly, and she cooked a lot of Dubious Food while I dealt with Enemies…

She’s pumped for the new one, though I’ll admit I wish there were more than one save slot…

2 Likes

Yeah the save slot is a bummer. Accidentally saved over my son’s slot so I’ve got a few hours to get Link back there…

1 Like

Still waiting on Amazon to deliver! Why do I do it… I should have learnt my lesson after they delivered my ‘launch day’ Horizon Forbidden West 2 days late!

yep we are still waiting, my youngest has been sat by the door for the last two hours, and now i’m worried it won’t come today…

2 Likes

I really like the game so far but seeing my son crafting goofy weapons kills a bit of the atmosphere for me. I’ll try to play it on my own in a more serious way later. If possible. But anyway we’re having a blast. :slightly_smiling_face:

Just started a few hours ago and I already love it.

This game looks amazing. The opening is epic. :+1:t6:

2 Likes

If there’s a faster way to get elektronauts blacklisted on the network at work, I can’t think of one.

2 Likes

Anybody else dealing with the same pre-hang-glider frustration that I am?

Its the same irritation I had when I played(and replayed) BotW :grinning:

3 Likes