1.30 Mega thread

Mos def. those demo loops are great!

Hey man, I just want to say that I really love your work. Iā€™ve followed you on Soundcloud, DLā€™d your live set, and will support you in the future. Your work with the Rytm/Elektrons is inspiring, and I especially enjoy your Electro!

Which one of these machines is best suited for leads with long envelopes? Say tones that sustain for a number of bars, four or so.

Can it be done with these new machines?

Hey man, I just want to say that I really love your work. Iā€™ve followed you on Soundcloud, DLā€™d your live set, and will support you in the future. Your work with the Rytm/Elektrons is inspiring, and I especially enjoy your Electro![/quote]
Cheers, friend!
Iā€™m writing much more electro these days than techno. Itā€™s been a very inviting template for me to create upon.
Will have an electro full length album coming in a month or two on Detroit Underground. Itā€™s mostly OP-1, but thereā€™s a bit of Monomachine in there as well.

Am I the only one on earth with a calibration fail? :sob: :dizzy_face: :zonked:

Not possible on the new BDs, that I can tell.
I get about 2 bar of sustain max with all decays/release up - note length at INF.
BD Plastic seems to have the longest, of the new machines.

The original BDs (FM, Classic, Hard) will go far longer, however. Nearly infinite. In fact, using the new BDs as tonal tools and mono synths has me revisiting the original BDs to explore them more in this context. Especially engaging he audio rate filter FM of the previous OS update.
Getting nice subtle FM results with audio rate LFO on the BD classic osc tune.

No ! Simon advises on the other thread to give the machine a proper warm up, maybe 3-4 hours and try calibrating a few times - the calibration is super critical and will bail out if the m/c is not in the right state

No ! Simon advises on the other thread to give the machine a proper warm up, maybe 3-4 hours and try calibrating a few times - the calibration is super critical and will bail out if the m/c is not in the right state[/quote]
Ah! Thanks for your answer!
Iā€™ve opened a ticket, and they want me to send the machine :frowning:

Itā€™s warming for 3 hours now, Iā€™ll let it a lot more, and Iā€™ll try again.
Finger crossed!

Let the sequencer play the voices while warming.

Not possible on the new BDs, that I can tell.
I get about 2 bar of sustain max with all decays/release up - note length at INF.
BD Plastic seems to have the longest, of the new machines.

The original BDs (FM, Classic, Hard) will go far longer, however. Nearly infinite. In fact, using the new BDs as tonal tools and mono synths has me revisiting the original BDs to explore them more in this context. Especially engaging he audio rate filter FM of the previous OS update.
Getting nice subtle FM results with audio rate LFO on the BD classic osc tune.[/quote]
Ok, thanks. These days, Iā€™m a one instrument kind of ghost. I might revisit the AR once Iā€™m through with the Circuit (finishing a show and an EP on it), but I enjoy my prolonged leads, wonā€™t write music without them. But I guess thereā€™s plenty of time to listen to creative demos of the ARā€™s new take, before Iā€™m at that point.

Self-oscillating filter + impulse machine etc can be your basic sine machine.

[quote="ā€œAdamJayā€"]

Let the sequencer play the voices while warming. [/quote]
Good idea !! thanks :slight_smile:

[/quote]
i sorta thought so too - however, Simon just pointed out that it ought to be from a resting normal state - I think this makes sense, youā€™re not introducing thermal variation by stopping/starting/stopping - if itā€™s sitting idle itā€™s in a more steady state thermally speaking and this may make the calibration more successful - playing for the first hour wouldnā€™t hurt though, then let it simmer :wink:

Self-oscillating filter + impulse machine etc can be your basic sine machine.[/quote]
Good idea!

Hi SB-SIX, sounds fantastic! What is the 303isch sound?[/quote]
Cheers man! Itā€™s one of the new bassdrum machines, BD sharp. You can select different waveforms, including different saw waves. Works great with the filter and overdrive. These saw waves actually sound a lot fuller to me than the a4, especially in lower registers.[/quote]
Thanks, got it! Very nice sounds!! Indeed seems to sound better then the A4!

[/quote]
i sorta thought so too - however, Simon just pointed out that it ought to be from a resting normal state - I think this makes sense, youā€™re not introducing thermal variation by stopping/starting/stopping - if itā€™s sitting idle itā€™s in a more steady state thermally speaking and this may make the calibration more successful - playing for the first hour wouldnā€™t hurt though, then let it simmer ;)[/quote]
Awesome update! Iā€™m at the playing for an hour part before letting it rest for a while prior to calibration. I thought the update hosed all my voices, because there was no sound output at allā€¦then quickly realized my last project was sample engine only and I had switched off all the synth engines :confused:

Demo jam made with new machines from OS 1.30

all those noise machineā€¦
plasticā€¦ wtf???

wow guys. itā€™s H.U.G.E ā€¦

now itā€™s gonna be months to turn all those new machines upside down!

Thanks Elektron. :heart:

Was wondering, am i the only one that is getting weird (cool) cb metallic timbres when mixing detune in and out?

hello guys

ok I been reading different comments about the process of update/calibrationā€¦

could anyone please tell how exactly this should be done? On the readme notes thereĀ“s nothing mentioned about it,