Ableton Note

Of course a companies goals is to draw more people to their product. Basic business model and I’m happy for it. More people using both the more updates and expansions that will be developed

I really like that I can just start playing rather than setting a tempo. I know live has had this but it’s just nice to see it again here. Record is just always on and you can choose to amend or not. Nice workflow.

Looks like you can export waves, so you could finish/work on your track in another app or DAW.

Yeah you can for sure. I’m not bashing the app or anything, I just see influencers online with posts like “thank you for this gift ableton!!”and it’s a little over the top to me.

It’s a cool looking app and a nice basic thing to bang out ideas on but I personally prefer koala for stuff like that if I’m on my phone.

1 Like

Liking it so far! Wish that the “step editor” (not sure if it’s even actually considered that) was a little better though.

1 Like

Is this the thang that will get the dingleberries at :apple: to bring back the damn jack lol. At least have one fuggin model with jack and lightning for us poor soulzz who bought 85 dongles and built a whole studio around them two dang connections

1 Like

Any MIDI Controller support?

1 Like

I doubt it. Wired phones that go into the mini usb jack and then using the magnet disc charger if you need juice is probably the way forward.

I wonder if I could load either loops or long stems and trigger them in time (quantized)… if it does that, and also has a time stretching algorithm, it could be a great companion for the Digitakt or other machines… but I don’t think I saw anything regarding audio loops on the video tutorial

Not yet, but you’d imagine it was on the road map

1 Like

I’m digging it on my iPhone 13 Pro Max

Going to spend some time on it.

How do folks like it on iPad vs iPhone? A friend of mine is offering me an M1 11” iPad Pro for cheap and I wonder if this app would make it worth it :thinking:

Yeah I have the 14plusnand it almost makes having an iPad not worth it. Lol. It’s huge screen real estate.

I prefer it on ipad but ill probably use it more on the iPhone as i always have that on me. Can fit more tracks on the ipad though which is handy

1 Like

Yea! My 13 Pro Max is also my ereader. The screen is so good.

Been waiting for an app like this to come around. Last one that made me buy an iPad was Patterning.

1 Like

a lot of ios music apps are ipad only.

Cool

ahah…i just went and reread what you wrote… derp :confused:

Dyslexia…its a helluva disorder

1 Like

Not on its own, perhaps, but an M1 iPad is one hell of a music making device

2 Likes

Very nice app. But is there really no panning in the mixer?

Spending more time with it it’s definitely neat but basic. I think sampling could be much better. It does work well enough, I had my OP-1F plugged into my phone and it would record it without any set up, but it also resamples and there doesn’t seem to be a way to turn that off.

That being said, again, it’s an idea generator/ groovebox. Hopefully they take it to the next level. Haven’t tried to see what exporting looks like but I could see just using everything as a place holder and replacing sounds once I get into Live.