Ableton Note

I’m liking it so far.

I tend to gravitate more towards quick-sketching apps like these when I use my phone.

1 Like

Holding the record icon for a couple seconds switches modes (mic/resample) if that’s what you mean

I understand why they’d want to do this to maintain feature parity between the MacOS and Windows workflows, but I hope they reconsider if Note takes off. An Ableton sketch pad is great, but dialing in a patch in MiniMoog or Zeeon and having it follow the project to the desktop would be amazing.

2 Likes

With even low expectations I just downloaded the app and nevertheless I am totally disappointed.

They give us some drumkits, some preset sounds to produce generic “music” (I suppose with the future concept of selling soundpacks) - that´s disgusting, especially for Live-users loving this DAW due to its creative concepts.

Oh, I forgot the ability to record audio via the internal microphone - and that´s all.

No timestretching, no sample import, no support for AUv3, no nothing else.

Ableton - are you serious ?

Nah I think there isn’t a way to switch between a “line-in” and internal audio. So if I’m trying to record the OP-1 and the track is playing it’s gonna record both.

It’s $6 lol

3 Likes

I agree, but they could even just carry the MIDI note data over and ignore the rest when it came to external instruments (to get around any compatibility issues)

1 Like

Such a weak justification for a even weaker product.

You could easily render your AUv3 to audio and then share it with LIVE.

1 Like

Yeah, this is the obvious workaround. Just flatten to audio and have it export that way. You could even offer both options

Yes.
6€ for crap is too much.

But I hope they listen to their customers (like the Koala sampler guy and so many other small developers) and make it a useful companion for LIVE.
I would pay way more for a halfdecent app.

1 Like

It’s not crap and this is literally day 1 lol.

Quit being so grumpy :v:t2:

6 Likes

I´m not grumpy, just dissapointed.
But anyway, peace, mate ! :vulcan_salute:

1 Like
3 Likes

well well well what do we have here

Anybody managed to edit samples in Note in a sampler drum kit? As in shortening it, etc
Thanks

I think it isn’t bad for a v1.0. I expect them to iterate like software does.

3 Likes

After watching a couple of vids, I’m more excited for what this might become than what it can do now. Apparently additional sequencing options and more are on the roadmap. For now I have better iOS options already. But it’ll be interesting to see how it evolves and how far they want to take it.

2 Likes

Tarekith has been holding out on us. He shares his secret knowledge here

3 Likes

Pinch and swipe the waveform. Swipe up and down for clip gain.

Super thanks!!

1 Like