Akai Rumours

Agreed. I’d like to upgrade from the Live 2 to an X for the extra knobs and pair of outputs and I like the retro colours but not for that price. A used or run out X would be a better proposition financially but TBH I’d prob get a second Live 2 used for more outs and I’d really miss the built in speaker and battery that means I can jam away without a cable in sight.

4 Likes

The MPC1000 with JJOS and upgraded Phat Pads was an absolute dream coming from two old Alesis MMT8s! The MPC was solid and could fit easily in a bag or transport case for a session or show, I’d still be using it except for the OctaTrack debut! Now rocking my 10th anniversary model OT!

AKAI really has lost the plot, 12bit with 8 analog filters, 8 out is the sampler we’re all dreaming about, if it could do some ZPlane stuff like the old EMU then it’s game over for the rest of the market… throw in Euclidean mode too

2 Likes

Me too. I can’t be doing with these comments about stuff being ugly. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder after all. Someone describing something is ugly because that person doesn’t like its appearance is about as irrelevant as it gets in my book.

Rant over.

3 Likes

I found 2nd hand X now for 1k around, that might get a good deal right now.

5 Likes

At least we have another loopop video on YT :slight_smile: .

THAT was their big announcement? :sleeping: I’m going back to bed now.

5 Likes

I’m with you on that. I’d love to see Round 3 of Push vs APC.

Demo guru Dan.

2 Likes

I did something similar with my MPC X last year… I paid around £1000 with a decksaver and a 500gb drive with all the converted Maschine samples and the MPC Bible.

I picked up all the MPC Collection for £75 during that mad 8 hour window on the Air Music site last year.
I also got Mini D/Air Flavor Pro on a deal.
All of which are on my MPC X… which also has a 1TB SSD fitted.
So, I think I’m all in for around £1300 on a black MPC X… £1200 for a colourway and an extra 2gb ram? No thanks. :grin:

I do think it looks great though.

Interesting seeing a couple of YouTubers commenting on the lack of a button on the jog wheel… having a Live 2 also, I don’t miss the button being on the X, I much prefer the slickness of the X’s jog wheel, and my right thumb naturally falls where the ‘enter’ button sits at the centre of the cursor keys.
The X feels way better than the Live 2, as it should.

mpc key $400 off

mpc one $200 off

on sweetwater right now. However the MPC X(non SE) went from ^$1700 to $2300 overnight :face_with_raised_eyebrow: ?

1 Like

yep.

:running_man: :dash:

1 Like

Beat ur meat splash screen…

Yeah, not really for me, but I don’t hate it. I actually like the retro look on the X a lot more than on other devices. Sure, it’d have been nice to get more hardware improvements, but it’s still a very capable machine and I think this might show that Akai still thinks it has some runway (at least 18-24 months) before new hardware is needed.

If I had the room and more importantly money, I’d trade up from the One and get the X, but isn’t reasonably going to happen. I’m glad it exists though.

4 Likes

Wow, seeing it from all angles it’s a lovely instrument, this is without a doubt the best flagship sampling beat machine that doesn’t have an elektron sequencer in it.
Nothing else even comes close imo!!!

2 Likes

That def a bounce

Is there no Steve Jobs style “one last thing…” where they unveil the MPC Mini?

5 Likes

i bet the touchscreen is still shittier than a £50 android tablet bought from aliexpress. (maybe that was a software problem but, even worse if it is)

i sold my og live to make the swap into elektron ecosystem. one of the best decisions in my life.

3 Likes

There is no MPC Mini. A single person from Youtube claims it exists of course without a shred of evidence. there are evidences than the One MKII with WIFI exists (FCC documents) however.

3 Likes

Real question, what is this from? Was there a Nueromancer game?