Akai Rumours

Why do this when we can continue to speculate endlessly and throw ourselves into fits of consumeristic rage when the announced product doesn’t meet our inflated, unrealistic expectations?

4 Likes

Lol :joy: yeah someone should make a TE meme in the style of the balenciaga yt memes

2 Likes

I’m getting more coffee. Lets burn this muhfuka to the groun!

These gentlemen all went to the same “reveal college” to learn how to make the reveal face in their synchronized reaction video drops.

9 Likes

Well that is dull.

One of my cats just shit outside the litter box again, this blows.

12 Likes

Why can`t Akai sort this mess out!

4 Likes

Is Akai still relevant in 2023?

7 Likes

Depends on the cat`s behaviour

1 Like

This would have had more impact.

11 Likes

I was hoping for an MPC 500 for 2023.

3 Likes

I’d decided it was an MPC60 or MPC 3000 reissue.

Then I checked.

It wasn’t.

1 Like

Nah, that would be too cool but also very unlikely. Roger Linn still holds some rights to the MPC60 and 3000, he’d definitely be unwilling to work with them considering inmsuic Akai stopped his royalty payments.

1 Like

It could be in a position they don’t like. I’m trying to make this post about Akai…

1 Like

Yeah very true. Shame though.

It was more just a thought that entered my head based on absolutely nothing. I didn’t win the lottery last night either so 2 for 2!

The way in which you lot are expressing how underwhelmed you all are is really making my morning. One thing Akai is really good at is getting people to creatively express how underwhelmed they are.

I guess we should just be happy it wasn’t a Timbre Wolf and Rhythm Wolf plugin announcement with Fleetwood Mac presets preloaded.

4 Likes

no CPU upgrade, just more RAM and storage, OK

1 Like

what a bulky, overloaded, big piece of not pretty. well done…nope

2 Likes

2500 is a bit pricey for this little upgrade. I think the MPC line is overall solid, but that is a bit much.

4 Likes

This release is exactly what I expected.

2 Likes

I actually really like the look. I’m just not in the market for a massive $2500 MPC, and likely never will be.

2 Likes