Akai Rumours

2 Likes

Hard drive? That’s odd but I’m guessing they do not have a spinning HDD in there.

I don’t have my glasses on, is that the MPC mini?

2 Likes

Looks pretty small on my phone

7 Likes

Seriously. What is coming? Countdown’s over and I’m not seeing anything anywhere :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I’m seeing 35mins to go here in the UK? Their IG story does say 23hours too :kissing_smiling_eyes:

Just hope something cool and unexpected still… not just a retro colour way and 2gb ram thing

1 Like

Hope to see more than just the XL.

1 Like
2 Likes

Ah, ok :slight_smile: give it another hour then. I’m just assuming it’s not just the retro X.

But I’m probably wrong.

2 Likes

It’s fire red jordan 4’s in an mpc colorway

2 Likes

Yes, I am hoping for MPC 3.0.

With a bit of a re-design of the software for the machines-bringing Audio and midi tracks into a cohesive framework. With lots of ironing out of bugs and quirkiness. I want a machine that just does-not one where I scratch my head to find a work-around.

Disk streaming would be an advantage. And getting rid of the 5-minute audio limitation would be good-I want to write my symphony not just pop songs.

That video I posted was from 18 minutes ago and I rather suspect that that is yer lot. Move on people, nothing to see.

1 Like

This is more underwhelming than a new iPhone launch.

11 Likes

As an owner of both, I’ll respectfully disagree.

1 Like

we cranked and cranked but nothing popped out of the jack in the box, thus I conclude this launch broke under the weight of overspeculation.

1 Like

Well, that’s the Force. But it looks like a new generation of MPCs is starting to emerge, presumably so Akai won’t have to do things like offer Lite versions of plugins - I expect the whole line will be refreshed with extra RAM before too long. So it’ll be interesting to see if they refresh the Force as well, or can it and move its additional features into the MPC realm. Adding the Arranger to the 4gb MPCs would certainly help shift a few units, I’d imagine. Of course existing owners would riot, so everyone’s happy.

Yep, and that makes Akai the bad guys apparently!

Is there truly a saint alive in this world?

Just what we’ve all been waiting for! The ugliest MPC since the Renaissance! At least it’s now got almost as much RAM as my grandma’s laptop

6 Likes

I’m bored; kill me pls

3 Likes

So can we change the thread title to MPCX special edition so the rumors can die a silent dignified death?

This reveal lacks the impact of a teenage engineering technical backpack sort of party.

4 Likes