Akai Rumours

Haha, I was thinking something that harkens back to the removable screens/remote controls of their high end rack samplers, plus being the moc mini, all in one fell swoop.

these are the risks we take in the digital age, todays high score is tomorrows low blood pressure.

We’ll never have low blood pressure with how salty we are

my ph level is all bad.

I don’t see Ethernet on that booty :man_facepalming:

5 Likes

Can’t wait for another sample-based expansion /s

Oh geez, you’re right. I guess they figure everyone has WiFi that has a 100gbs connection. At least the ground for the turntables is there.

Didn’t the older models have 8 outs and the 2 mains?

You can get a $1700 MPC X at Guitar center:

Akai Professional MPC X Controller | Guitar Center

IF you’re not going to use any of the the bundled “paid” plugins like Fabric XL, the “upgrade” isn’t worth $2500 bucks for 2GB more RAM…

2 Likes

Akai teamed up with Roland for MPC2000XL boutique edition. Feauturing legendary Akai sound modeld with ACB technology. 8 track sampler + 8 track midi, with 1 mini jack stereo out, but record 8 tracks via usb, …

:wink:

Yay something I don’t need, want or can afford. Can pack the GAS away for a while

3 Likes

I suppose at least they only went for a 24hr drumroll. If I had a spare two grand I might have brought one just to encourage that.

2 Likes

Force X Retro :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

Honestly I could dig it if they’d give it old style graphics. I truly think the most off putting part about the whole thing is the hideous graphics, color schemes and dated looking gradients. If they made it look like 1k/4k sort of graphics on screen with all that real estate it would feel a lot more like a super powered MPC and less like a shit dated tablet. I just feel it’s how music gear should be. I know it is superficial but it def bothers me

6 Likes

I’d fox wid it

6 Likes

The new X looks cool. I’d like to make music on it.

1 Like

by a landslide

6 Likes

My expectations were on the floor and somehow I’m still disappointed.

6 Likes

so what’s the big thing? the new MPK mini plus?

It would look better with a leather wrist guard. I think it looks pretty good…
Someone on the other forum showed me the picture is actually a live 2 retro, not a one… so I was wrong. I’m sorry, I should be flogged for my transgressions. I really thought this was gonna be the one mk2. I guess it will come later. It is coming though.

1 Like

I laughed out loud at this.

I bought my Live2 in december, as I felt Akai where filling in the gaps in the software and had the most interesting hardware-with good battery, good speaker and ability to fit almost unlimited storage.
They were (and are) in pole position to provide a machine that sits in your lap, does everything musical you can think of or create, all on/in one box (-with no more wires). The ability to make an album from your couch.

Let`s hope they keep their foot on the accelerator and cross the line.

3 Likes