Akai Rumours

There was a Samsung/Polyend collab at NAMM most people missed

5 Likes

Is this the new thing? If so Sweetwater has it up.

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/MPCXSE--akai-professional-mpc-by-standalone-sampler-and-sequencer-special-edition

To commemorate 35 years of game-changing groove, Akai’s launched the MPC X Special Edition, completely with the iconic, grey-based colorway, as well as a larger HDD and twice the RAM of the standard MPC X, totaling 48GB of internal storage!

5 Likes

I’m surprised it is still so ugly. I thought the X was ugly because of the colors but I guess I was wrong, the design is just ugly.

10 Likes

Surly that can’t be what they’ve been hyping. I mean it makes sense and all, but I was expecting something more than an X with maxed out ram, and a face lift or dress down depending how you see it. Im assuming there might be a bit more.
Just assuming this is the unveiling, hasn’t Sweetwater made premature reveals in the past? I’m not sure if that’s my imagination, I mean besides the whole Polyend Tracker Mini thing.

Did someone here write the product description for it? Because is reads like some of the post I’ve seen here.

How legendary would it have been had they included VSTs of the Timbre and Rythm Wolf with the X S.E.?

2 Likes

not liking those knobs, strangely this gives me more 4000 vibes than retro, maybe it’s just the pic

2 Likes

how many voices is the ice maker on that bad boy?

this looks like the ordering part of a vending machine, I shit you not.

I was just trying to find the pic but I think akai bought it and hid it from google to keep you in the dark.

3 Likes

I think in this instance, I’m going with Fleetwood Mac Rumours.

6 Likes

I’m seriously considering buying an APC40 but I’ll wait a little bit if they might drop a MK3. They released new “mini” controllers recently.

I hope you all get the MPC you’ve been dreaming of.

2 Likes

Can you swap out the memory and upgrade it yourself. It comes with double the memory, but cost $200 more than the original. Don’t think it’s worth it if you can just do it yourself.
All that said, you can’t deny that it sure is a pretty powerful looking machine.

2 Likes

yeah you could really pick it up and bludgeon someone with it then make a run for the border leaving your $3000 digital sampling weaponstation behind

1 Like

Akai uses rockchip SOCs previously, so prolly the same in this.

edit: i.e. no, can’t upgrade yourself.

2 Likes

Hah, now imagine that screen was the main brain with a battery that you could detach and use on the go haha.

It’s ugly but I like it. At least with this one you can enjoy the ugly with the excuse that there’s no alternative. Whereas the retro One and Live you did it on purpose.

1 Like

Oh the old logo is back!

Right? The perfect MPC doesn’t exi………

2 Likes

love the looks of the live retro m2 and the retro mpc one, probably will change out the knobs one of these days but for the most part they look nice imo

lol I like a sampler app you can really do a nice sudoku puzzle on

1 Like

:laughing:

I’m trying to figure out how to get this sharpie off my linnstrument. Any ideas?

wipe it down with a wet mpc, take it right off for you.

1 Like

And lose my high score?!?!!?!?.?

1 Like