Akai Rumours

Loving some of the replies, got to love This platform… I’m shocked that my Zoia got the Sampling module feature update before MPC 3.0!? Just assuming Empress is smaller than AKai and has less sales/is more niche as a synth, modular pedal company.

I have to agree I think we’ll get disappointed, but a mini MPC live would be cool over a retro XL/One mk2 with 4gb ram.

PLEASE AKAI, don’t be lazy. WoW us :pray:t4:

4 Likes

The real question:

11 Likes

Damn that’s a good album right there.

4 Likes

Exactly. As much as I want the next shiny thing my MPC Studio black from 2019 is holding up well. I can snipe my favorite parts of the record with ease. I can get the drums to swing anyway I want. The MPC is one of those few samplers where you can run the stock drums and layer with sample chops and write a new tune each time.

Not really into their synth plugins compared to Roland Cloud and Arturia V Collection. Those two companies make plugins with a lot of modulation options that make you enjoy the instrument more

3 Likes

second that. Something in MPC500 form-factor would be nice (am I describing an iPad?)

4 Likes

Hahaha Guilty, but the Vinyl sim is not the same on the 303/404/404sx hahahaha

4 Likes

My Akai Force that I’ve owned since 2019 has been great, a joy to use, and I have experienced zero problems with it all this time. It’s been a great value for the ($899) and have nothing but positive things to say about the overall experience. I would like to thank Akai for the many feature updates and for making additional synths and effects that I can choose to purchase or not.

I am also thankful my Akai Force has built in Wi-Fi because it has made updating the device seamless and easy. I hope whatever new products come out are cool.

8 Likes

It’s the MPC XL. It’s an updated MPC X with a retro shell and other upgrades like RAM, Ethernet port, and more. AKAI has completely stopped manufacturing the MPC X altogether and have already dropped the price.

2 Likes

@darenager was that Dan the bloke that didn’t have a clue about the “Timbre Wolf” hardware a few years back? I could be wrong but… :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

5 Likes

Sample Wolf XL full analog sampler, comes with the free 2 slice toaster.

4 Likes

Yah are brutal. I purposely refrained from that easy target.

2 Likes

subscribe now to activate your oscillator sync account

2 Likes

Theoretically it could be an EWI6000 though they usually don’t announce EWIs with much fanfare so probably not.

1 Like

Whatever it is I hope it stops my cats from shitting outside of the litter box!

9 Likes

If it doesn’t have a Beatclub splash screen, I’m out

2 Likes

On the topic of negativity towards Akai, inmusic etc. It’s definitely worth noting that Akai and Akai Pro are different and that’s what marked the change in their business practices

they shoulda kept the heat machines seperate from the beat machines, eh?

4 Likes

If it is an upgraded MPC X, which would be cool to see generally, how relevant is it as a device vs an MPC One with a class compliant audio interface attached?

The Live and the One are the ones I see most, don’t see many Xs or Keys floating about.

Lots more knobs and buttons etc I guess, but it does make the i/o a bit less of a selling point?

1 Like

“The new Akai “Push” promises to bring unparalleled analog warmth to your tracks.”

1 Like

the Live, having USB 3.0, the ability to hook up a usb qwerty keyboard, use an audio interface for extra connectivity, and 2.0 having speakers and battery power… I mean you really have to like bloated gear or a very specific usecase to get intot he mpc X, as cool as it is on paper… is my opinion. I guess.

Hey, I’m grateful for a company who already photochops their logo onto random products so I don’t have to take the time to do it myself.

Until LG drops their first groovebox, this is as good as it gets!

1 Like