Arturia KeyStep 37

This size box has now been sent to a few of us that ordered the KS37 from Bax.

2 Likes

I also had this exact size box for my KS37. Worse than Amazon! Went in the recycling though so hey ho, I did my part.

1 Like

In defense of over large packaging:

The last two synths Iā€™ve shipped have received serious package damage. This is in the US, but logistics operations (shipping) seem stressed and short-handed world wide.

1 Like

Yeah, Iā€™d ultimately rather have this than it not be packaged properly at all. It did make me worry slightly that Iā€™d misunderstood the dimensions

A simple question: can the Keystep send MIDI note 0?

Just tested with iPad and midi wrench & the answer is yes:

4 Likes

Thanks so much @Kosmology, thatā€™s a huge help. Off to hunt one.

1 Like

Iā€™ve had my Keystep 37 for a couple of days now and honestly I think itā€™s the best Ā£150 Iā€™ve ever spent in my life. Itā€™s an instant idea generator! Iā€™m addicted :slight_smile:

6 Likes

I like the Keystep 37 as well. However, it also has some shortcomings that really annoy me. For example, it is not possible to turn off aftertouch or to set a fixed velocity value. Since I donā€™t expect any software maintenance from Arturia, I have to live with that.

You can set fixed velocity in the midi control software

3 Likes

Agreeā€¦itā€™s way more than just a keyboard. So much to it that it requires time to learn all the features. Very happy with mine.

3 Likes

No, you canā€™t. You can only set fixed velocity for recording to the internal sequencer. This doesnā€™t affect controlling other devices.

Thatā€™s quite an unusual feature for keys, although sometimes available with pad devices. Generally you just get a velocity curve setting. You could send them a feature request though, you never know!

1 Like

Could anyone share some tipsā€™Nā€™tricks .

Got mine today, itā€™s not flat, it wobbles a little. Is this normal behavior?

Yes. Itā€™s geometry. There are several threads about this with other gear, hereā€™s one. If it bothers you, fix it.

I removed the two small foam pads in the middle, it never wobbled again.
I trust the solidity of the chassis so that it does not bend.
When Chick CorƩa comes by the house, I fold a handkerchief in four and slip it underneath in the middle to reduce the risks. :upside_down_face:

7 Likes

Thank you! I am happy with my purchase. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

With pleasure, it is a very good choice.
I remember the feeling when unboxing.
I had never had a master keyboard with metal in it!
And the weightā€¦
Well if you have it in black, beware, I could very well spend a night and taking it from you.

1 Like

I owned the original in black and now have a white 37. If it wasnā€™t for the colour tax I would have bought a black one, now I have it I much prefer the white, itā€™s actually much classier looking imo.

1 Like