Arturia KeyStep 37

Below a Dt, a Dn and a DB01, it’s a bit… white.

1 Like

It’s the only thing I own that’s white, I have 3 black Elektrons and enjoy the contrast tbh, the black one was a sort of dark brown anyway and didn’t match. I didn’t think I’d prefer the white beforehand but I really do, it’s clean & easy to read, but it’s all down to personal preference at the end of the day :grinning:

1 Like

Maybe a little gray MKII so elegant…

1 Like

Paint it black!
:paintbrush:

3 Likes

Got mine last week. No wobble (although I have had another gear that does)

Edit: Black is sexier

7 Likes

It turned out that it was just because of the difference in temperature after delivery. First hours or so. It now sits flat on my table. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

White = classy.
Black = sexy.

Give me sexy any day!

Though I have a white one. I also have that Black 3.0 paint from Stuart Semple/Culture Hustle. Hmmm…

1 Like

And why do so few synths have an all-black or all-white keyboard?
So sexy as you say.

1 Like

Please help, is it possible to start recording on my M:C with the record button? I can’t get it done. :confused:

To record live, you need to hold down record and press play.

I know how to record on my M:C. I just want to start LIVE RECORDING on M:C with my Keystep. Thank you!

Can I power this with a power bank? I’m assuming yes as it USB/DC in.

Yes

1 Like

Wow quick! Thanks Peter

1 Like

What’s the current state of opinions about upgrading from original Keystep to Keystep 37? Worth it? Why?

I’ve never fully embraced my OG Keystep as a sequencer/creative tool on its own; just as a set of keys when I feel like playing that way. Is the 37 offering a considerate amount of inspiring tools more, in the arp / seq / chords depertment, that’s worth the upgrade? Asking everyone here.

Maybe this could help :

1 Like

Yes: Display for BPM and knobs, LEDs for its MIDI Channel, (strummed) Chords, CC via several ‘knob Banks’, more keys etc.
I had the original KS only for some hours and replaced it ASAP by a KS 37.

my summary: just much more control and more possibilities

1 Like

I upgraded from the OG.

Shortlist of why in no particular order of importance:

• Power Switch (silly but not really)
  • regular USB, not that mini port BS
  • the chord options and immediacy of adding intervals and the strumming with the knobs is understated!
  • scales. Yeah, I know my theory, but it’s fun to be lazy when you’re in a hurry
2 Likes

more keys

2 Likes

Anyone tried fixing aftertouch through hardware modification? How was it and what did you do?
Im about to do that myself cause it would be a nice feature to actually have, not just have on paper.
Plus im going to dimm the lights from the inside, because arturia refuses to do it themselves.

I already opened up my keystep before because it arrived with one key not working, and i valued my time more than going through return policy. Works fine now, had a silicone shaving stuck to one of the contact pads, preventing it from completing the circuit.

Great keyboard btw.
Only thing id change is making knobs enldess encoders. Seems illogical to have regular ones if you have multiple CC banks. It would be awesome to use them as quick access macro controls for my DN, but since its value jump-town, its quite useless (it hurts because it fits so great with DNs 4 tracks). I wonder if you can just replace them by soldering compatible encoders instead. :thinking:

2 Likes