Arturia KeyStep 37

Is it possible to have the encoders map to ableton’s ‘blue hand’ macros?

asnwer to this one is yes

2 Likes

Yeah, I started using it with it and it works great!

Anyone else notice their keystep 37 is a bit crooket/bent? when on my table, it rocks a bit when pushing one of the sides…

mine is fine. Its most likely just height variations in the rubber feet.
easiest fix is to take off the middle ones, but it does compromise on some rigidity while playing in the middle.

thanks i will take a look at that and play around with the rubber feet.

Mine was, I read online somewhere that the screws are a bit too tight coming out of the factory & so loosened them off a little. It’s better now.

1 Like

thanks, will try that out, love this forum

1 Like

This has happened to my Minifreak, Typhon, and MacBook Air. I assumed it was caused by temperature/humidity changes. If it gets worse I’ll probably just fabricate some “over-feet” out of some kind of putty.

Maybe it’s your table top?
:rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

That too, probably!

I’m thinking of grabbing this and trading my Korg Microkey-37 i’ve had for years. Has anyone owned or used both and can comment on the keybed quality? I’m not a pianist but I am kind of used to the feel of the keys on the Korg but I want the extra features of the Keystep without potentially downgrading the keybed too much. Maybe the keys suck on the Korg anyway and this is better? :smiley: Any opinions much appreciated!

Also would be cool if they made a cheaper one just called Key-37 as i don’t really need another step sequencer but… :slight_smile:

I‘ve only tried a micro key for a minute once. I think the Keystep‘s keys are better, the Korg felt really cheap to me. But maybe wait for a response from someone who knows the Korg better.

Agreed on the Key 37. Don’t need the arp or sequencer and would love a slimmer version, maybe with 49 keys. Chord and strum mode are pretty handy though.

2 Likes

Yes.

Seconded … but also, note I’ve not actually owned either, I went for 25 keys in the end.

1 Like

I can confirm this worked/solved it for me. I loosened the screws on the sides a bit (not in the center), and now the keystep is totally straight/firm on the table (no wobblyness anymore)

1 Like

My KeyStep 37 has always been fine coming out of the factory. No tightening or loosening needed anywhere. A perfect instrument…

1 Like

Wow, mine has uneven key heights the same as the original I had before it, not that it bothers me though, I love the thing :slight_smile: If they could just make that hold button work on notes instead of just the ARP. I just saw a video on their latest mini key controller & the hold button works in that just to rub the salt in a bit.

1 Like

Oh yes, I never understand why there isn’t a „hold“ button for notes on every synth and keyboard. But now that it seems to be on the mini, time for an official request at Arturia?

1 Like

Looking at the features on both, I’d love to see Arturia cross pollinate the Keystep & the Minilab. DAW controls via jogwheel, arp/chord/hold, faders/encoders (which look really clever) and have either 32 or 37 keys rather than 25. That would be amazing. Will they copy AKAI with their 37 key controller I wonder?

3 Likes