Avalon Bassline...worth it?/ Opinion

I always wanted a silver one, I think mine was second run.

Can someone please talk me out of getting one of these.

What else can you get this for price?

TD-3 + Erica DB-01? (but Behringer and do you even need both?)

Edit: ha ha, website is down, guess these are going to sell quicklyā€¦

1 Like

The website is down for me so thereā€™s thatā€¦

5 Likes

I mean I GUESS this is the Fates telling me not to, and yet I am refreshing every few minutes (like a fiend.)

3 Likes

Ha ha, yes same

Same. And pretty funnyā€“must be running his site on like a Raspberry Pi in his garage.

Iā€™m guessing shared hosting (now throttled into the dirt.)

And somebody just had to write a botā€¦

1 Like

I feel like Ticketmaster/Clearchannel is hosting.

I remember their site has always been dog-slow, when I visited before. Not surprised it is completely overwhelmed now.

1 Like

Iā€™ve just been getting a 403 error for about an hour. Did anyone manage to get through?

Thereā€™s a guy trolling the FB group claiming to have bought them all (ok Facebook poster) but nobody has confirmed a successful transaction as of yet.

same 403 as well.

Why is this happening with every product lately.

Being a great product developer and engineer doesnā€™t mean you choose to hire someone to do customer service for you or temporarily upgrade hosting to handle the rush of visitors to your webstore :slight_smile:

1 Like

Interesting ppl are considering the TD-3-MO as an alternative to the Avalon, personally Iā€™m yet to hear any example of it where it sounds anywhere near as good, sounds thin and harsh to me, and it only has the basic sequencer. Still if it means a few Avalons might end up on the used market I guess that is a good thing.

1 Like

Not directly analogous in sound, construction, or sequencing, but ā€œdevilfish clone for $400ā€ or whatever itā€™s seen as could be something of a fallback for some whoā€™d otherwise be in the market if they gave up on the preorder.

What I find the most alluring about the Avalon is mostly related to the sequencer and the ability to switch clock divisions and easily input notes.

• Of course it sounds great, has the sub oscillator and the extra modulation.
2 Likes

The filter cards are interesting as well.

3 Likes

Indeed they are. It would be cool if more synths had swappable parts like this. (Without getting into eurocrack)

1 Like