Chase Bliss effects pedals

Went for it!
EU Order: #02013

Says something about how much I love the OG MOOD that I want to hang onto it until its successor arrives.

Couple of other sales impending in the meantime I think…

2 Likes

200 pedals in 36h in Europe sounds actually humane

Thanks @m0ld @spiralingalbatross @Matmcr

2 Likes

I dig the looks/color except the two circles remind me of the Mastercard logo

You are totally right, I cannot unsee Mastercard’s logo now. But still i kinda like it.

I like the Mood’s new design. The only thing i don’t know is whether I will need it, so probably I won’t need it. I’ll wait for some sound demos instead.

The only effects pedal by CB that had ever tempted me so far was the CXM. Thanks mainly to its huge size and to the fact that UAFX Golden is a pragmatic alternative, I did not go for it. Nevertheless, I went for a CB’s exp, which I like a lot.

This needs to be flagged to not ruin the pedal for more people :joy:

1 Like

Is it that expensive? :rofl:

For me, though, I see it more like a Venn diagram.

2 Likes
13 Likes

It‘s great that they included a demo with vocals on it. I always feel like I should experiment more with vocals and pedals, but there are few demos out to get an idea about whether a pedal works for vocals or not. This sounds more promising than Microcosm in that department. So if any of you use it for vocals, I am very thankful for demos. Should work fine with MK I mono sound.

2 Likes

I agree. ARP 3 is probably the most interesting algo with Vocals if you want clear words to be repeated.

1 Like

Yup, my go to as well.

1 Like

I remember seeing a nice demo of Red Panda Particle with vocals. Don’t want to derail this thread - why don’t you start another thread for “Pedals that work well with vocals” and I’ll try and find the video and post it there.

1 Like

I do have and use the CBA Midi Box but also curious, particularly when shifting set-ups, taking pedals out for playing live etc, if anyone has had any success with particular MIDI-to-TRS cables? I know they don’t recommend, or at least won’t necessarily vouch for compatibility but if anyone’s found one that works for them would love to know. Had one eye on importing one of the Disaster Area ones but maybe there’s a more affordable/local option?

I just bought some TRS jacks, cut an existing midi cable in half and soldered it up as per the instructions on their site. Works great.

2 Likes

Same here!

1 Like

I really hope they change their pedal format a bit in the future so it can accomodate normal MIDI cables. It’s a bit weird that they make full control and modulation of parameters the selling point of their pedals but then make it so complicated and clunky to actually use these functions (dip switches + weird MIDI cables and boxes).

3 Likes

Cheers for confirming success going this route (and to you @Flipsos) - I’m not really practical or technical enough but might commission a pal, especially if there’s guidance on how to make your own on the site. Much appreciated, ta!

The Disaster Area DIN -> TRS cable works perfectly :slight_smile: Though keep in mind the DIN end needs to be connected to a MIDI out socket providing power over MIDI for the cable to work. AFAIK OT and the DIGI boxes all provide power over MIDI…

Don’t know where you’re located. If you’re in the EU, I got one from Loopers Paradise in Germany.
https://www.loopersparadise.de/en/index.php?p=3226

3 Likes

Much appreciated, both that helpful distinction and the link! It was after looking at this and postage being almost as much as the product that I started looking at other options but still might be simplest approach. Would be using OT or DN primarily so that’s good news, thanks!

2 Likes