Chase Bliss effects pedals

I use one of these on my pedalboard.

5 Likes

I could be wrong but I think the reason Chase Bliss went with the current 5 pin midi to trs configuration was to have one trs port work for midi and ext trigger.
I agree itā€™s inconvenient but I prefer this to not having the option to have those simultaneously or the larger form factor.
The DAD cables are expensive, after one or two you probably should have just got the box or learned to make them yourself šŸ¤·

Wow, nice board! I have the API on the way, (bass version). Might go for the guitar version as well, swap out the Strymon Iridium. Mood MKII will likely find a way on my guitar / synth board this year as well, good tip on the Midi Box!

1 Like

So I got all inspired by my Mood MKII incoming, and built myself a little pedal board. Stringed together all my Chase Bliss stuff and performed this piece live, through the Blooper and onwards from there -

4 Likes

And hereā€™s the board by the way -

13 Likes

Iā€™m curious, given you are a Blackbox userā€¦ how do you decide what to bloop vs what to (BB-) loop?

3 Likes

I donā€™t really. Thereā€™s no method to the madness. Sometimes, I go bloop. Sometimes, I go box. Whatever feels right.

2 Likes

Wonder what V2 stereo version is coming nextā€¦

Thought they might have done a delay in CXM format

Iā€™m thinking Blooper.

1 Like

Which ones of yours gets the most action?

Will def grab V2 Mood and V2 Gen at some point

1 Like

Mood is always on. GenLossMKII close second. Habit sometimes, far from always, like Blooper. CXM, somewhere between Mood and GenLoss.

3 Likes

I find it hard to conceive the MOOD ever being out of my modest effects chain.
Such that I thought twice about putting it up for sale, lest it depart before the MKII arrive, though it would be a good lesson in MOOD fasting.

Still hooked on the reverb/tape combo as my go to setting.

If it doesnā€™t sell before the successor arrives, it could be fun to do a bit of double MOOD action. Perhaps Iā€™ll even want to keep it!

1 Like

I read Joel discussing the idea of a MkII Blooper on another forum (TGP I think) and talking about the OGā€™s development. I guess the guy who did the bulk of the programming work isnā€™t with them anymore, so Joel was pretty direct that it was unlikely that theyā€™d overhaul Blooper into a MkII iteration, but would more likely develop something entirely new based on their experience of making and releasing Blooper.

1 Like

On that note, where did Knobs go? Heā€™s no longer listed as working with Chase Bliss.

1 Like

Because itā€™s an interesting read, hereā€™s the comment I was referring to:

1 Like

Interesting info. Thanks!

Anybody running the Mood and Co from an Aux on mixer or DAW Aux with various tracks sent simultaneously

1 Like

I will in fact try that once I get the mkii.
Trying to midi sync it as well

Iā€™ll report back next week

2 Likes

Doing it right now, actually, though not with the Mood MKII - yet. Though Iā€™ve got the set prepared for it.

But right now, Iā€™m sending the Blooper through the GenLosMKII into the TX-6 ch1. Out through the TX-6 aux, through the Habit and Mood in parallell, and both of them back into TX-6 ch2 and ch3 for separate mixing and also some of that TX-6 real time goodness from both fx slots, but the second one in particular.

My word does the TX-6 open up a mix, despite its fragile digital nature.

1 Like

Haha - will have to re-read all that routing.

Yes the TX-6 has really impressed me and iā€™ve only done basic stuff with it. I even dig the FX

1 Like

For some reason, Iā€™d forgotten to look for the new Midi Manual for the Mood MkII. Itā€™s available now and I donā€™t think Iā€™ve seen it shared. Their new midi spec is very comprehensive.

2 Likes