COSMOS by Soma

Anyone got one yet? Looks like mine arrives on Wednesday!!

Looks like there’s a bunch of firmwares available already too

https://somasynths.com/cosmos_firmware/

2 Likes

looks like from them directly is the lucky way to go

I signed up back when they announced it but have not heard from them at all. No email. Doesn’t matter now; spent that money on something else. I am interested in these though. Let us know how it works out.

1 Like

aaaw yeah :slight_smile:

10 Likes

Just landed here too!

8 Likes

Yeah, congrats :partying_face:, Thomann in Germany still says 8-10 weeks :cry:

Let us know what you think and how you integrate them in your set up. A bit jealous I am :laughing:

1 Like

Nice unboxing pictures but how do you like it?

Did you early folks get yours direct from SOMA, or via a dealer?

that’s exactly what I’m gonna pair mine with if it should ever arrive in this realm

1 Like

where did you order yours from?

Mine was ordered direct from Soma

Had a busy day with work today so its sat on the desk until 2 hours ago.

First I tried it with guitar - Not sure what the hell I’m doing. Really need to RTFM. Does something wired with impidence and the volume nob on the guitar doesn’t act smoothly like normal. Strange. Can get some good textures with it…

Kinda flicked through the manual. Still doesn’t make sense. Plugged Prophet 10 direct into it and the QV on a send in Bitwig. Posted this in “Current sounds” but seems better here:

Bit of nothing here but all from very simple stuff. Like what it does with the stereo field - can’t work out if you can direct that a little or tame it yet. drive is pretty subtle but it starts to get hot internally and clipping isn’t a bad noise.

Prophet 10 / Cosmos / QV - 3 tracks

EDIT
Now the kids are getting ready for bed and I’m going to actually read the manual.

Bit of an odd whine at 8k that I’ve eq’d out of the above file. Need to look into this. Could very well be a cable, or power supply or Prophet 10 etc… Will report back on that and get in touch with Soma if I can’t work it out.

EDIT EDIT:
Noise is my system, NOT the cosmos

7 Likes

Also direct from Soma. Super machine but its hard to not go to sleep after 30 min of jamin :slight_smile: so relaxed expirience and headphones needed to feel vibe

2 Likes

you getting any of the whine mentioned above by bruce in yours?

Mine is probably something in my set up. I only found it towards the end of playing. I’ll bet it’s interference with my Prophet and something. Will report back tomorrow all being well. (Prophet seems to be a pig at picking all sorts of crap up in my room).

hmm I’m not getting that but mine is a prophet 5 not 10 and I have it plugged into a power conditioner as well

Mine is on its way. Hope to get it today or tomorow.

I watched the loopop video and I think that is a pretty good overview.

1 Like

was yours ordered directly from soma as well?

I think its too mutch feedback knob and mix together plus drive ona feedback loop. To smooth the loop you need to constant turn knobs to control the flow of loop to avoid some kind of overloop. I dont know how to explain it :stuck_out_tongue:

Yes directly from Soma, but it should be delivered yesterday. I had no hope that it actually did. Shipping from Poland within the EU is really slow at the moment. By the way, I got on the waitlist at launchday.

1 Like

this is very intriguing indeed