COSMOS by Soma

First batch, I would guess. I don’t think these are out in the world yet. I was getting excited, too. I’m OK with waiting till early next year also.

Wouldn’t the Strymon Magneto be an equally good alternative to the Cosma if one is willing to go modular? Also a lot of looping possibilities there.

Cancelled the pre order, first batch at Thomann is sold out and second batch won’t be before february. Let’s hope the direct pre-order through Soma is more succesful :slight_smile:

Thomann employer told me there was no 1st batch yet :upside_down_face:

I got an email-reply suggesting otherwise and status of my order changed to sold out before it said in a few months. Either way it doesnt matter, no Cosmos for me through Thomann in 2021, curious if and when Soma will reply on the pre-order I made through them.

1 Like

thanks for the info, would be nice to hear what Soma has to say

1 Like

Theyve stated October a little over a week ago on facebook, so it seems the first batch will be up for shipping somewhere in the coming weeks. I was hoping to pick one up before the new Macbooks would be revealed, I can’t justify buying both and really need a new Macbook, but if I would have bought the Cosmos already before launch of the MBP what can you do you know :slight_smile:

1 Like

I preordered from Soma the same day Cosmos was announced and they havent even asked for futher details yet. So i wouldnt hold breath…

3 Likes

Same :frowning:

1 Like

So I emailed Soma out of curiosity about timescale and got an almost instant reply from the lovely Marta saying…

“Hello Andy!

Sure, you’re on the list!
Your number is: 641. It’s halfway down the list.
We start selling from the end of this month, consecutively.
I think that in about 2.5 months it will be your turn! :slight_smile:

I pre-ordered on the day after it was announced.Hope this sheds a bit a light for peeps?

4 Likes

Holy crow, that does shed some light. Thanks for sharing. I should check in with them to see where I land. I think I signed up on the day of the announcement.

2 Likes

Just got my email from Soma EU this morning. looks to be 2-3 weeks delivery after sending a bank transfer

1 Like

you sent payment today

or did they just mean in general?

I’m assuming that’s the wait if your on the list and they email you for payment.

1 Like

Interesting. Getting closer. I wonder if I’m still in the mix for this device. I think I’m up for it. I think.

edit to clarify – I’m on the waiting list, and fairly close to the top, I think. The question is, will I buy it when my number is called? I think so, as it looks like a really fun thing to jam on with no goals in mind, just see where the drifting memory machine goes.

1 Like

I got the email, but passed. I’m more looking forward to the Reflex, but that’s going to be a while.

who makes the reflex?

Soma’s Reflex is described here. It looks like it’s more than a year away.

1 Like

ah I’d forgotten about that, still intriguing

I got the email as well and went for it. Hope it gets here soon. I like the vids that I have seen so far.

1 Like