COSMOS by Soma

They just telephoned me again to say they don’t know where it is and if indeed it does turn up it could be some weeks before it comes out as I paid for an Economy Service (about 55 EUR which seems quite expensive really). Now I wish I had bought a cheap flight to Poland and flown home with it at this rate, given how much tax I also paid on this too!

Thanks for any descriptions there :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Good luck, Mr. Scanner. I hope it all works out. I’d love to hear what you could do with the Cosmos!

3 Likes

Same here, black wrapping with soma / sound machine logo tape like this:

Guessing 18” square, 3-4” high

1 Like

Same here as everyone else. If it’s any consolation, I once had an Erica Synths Monster Case delivered to the same house number, one street over. It took a week or so to sort out. And I also had a very fancy instrument from Germany disappear for 2 months into customs, which eventually arrived (I’m in Canada). Wishing you luck!

1 Like

So “erase” is momentary. Hold it down, it erases. I’ve gotten some interesting effects and manually destroyed a loop.

Well, despite Fedex telephoning me yesterday to say that they had officially lost the parcel, what should arrive this morning? How utterly bizarre.

Playtime has to wait until after Christmas now, but thanks again for your help here guys and wishing you all a great festive break!

14 Likes

An excerpt from this morning’s jam with the Cosmos and the Drone Commander module, which always sounds like the drone commander, but in this case, that’s good because you can hear what the Cosmos is doing to it. Towards the end I’m experimenting with drive, LP, HP, moving the buffer around different processes, and manually inserting bits of silence to destroy the loop. My penance for not knowing that the erase button is momentary.

2 Likes

Merry christmas everyone!!!

14 Likes

Love seeing manthers! So underrated!

2 Likes

Was also just about to say that I too love the Manther and it is vastly underrated. I sold mine after sampling it a lot and now I miss it!

I’m intrigued by the Cosmos as I love all things Soma but I’m not an ambient kinda guy (well I am in that I love Huerco S, Selected Ambient Works, Brian Eno and a lot of less ambient stuff like Enigma) but this Cosmos isn’t my style… It’s too amorphous for me. Would love to play with one though!

Fun fact: hadn’t played with the Manther for a bit, hooked this all up but ended up just jamming with the Manther got stuck in this crazy pattern not even turning the freshly arrived Cosmos on :smiley:

Bought it thinking it would be a nice temp replacement for my 101 while that was waiting for repairs, thought the wavefolder would be a nice addition, but found out its such a different and more complex beast! The sequencer is amazing and its basic tone is so full and rich, its def going to stay.

1 Like

What’s the pedal on the right?

OBNE MAW, mic pre-amp and fx pedal, very handy as a portable mic solution

2 Likes

Damn. This would be so handy!!

1 Like

Exactly! :smiley:

1 Like

Adding this to my wishlist! :grin:

Now i can yell into my octa mpc one AND cosmos! On the couch, under the christmas tree!

But only when the kids are in bed, dont want to freak them out :slight_smile:

1 Like

It’s a fine 101 replacement, lovely choice. It’s simple but elegant, love the screen as it’s helpful in so many ways but never intrudes on the action. Talking myself into buying another, most resist!

1 Like

I’ve done a few initial explorations with Cosmos during week one of Jamuary if anyone is interested:

I’ll be exploring some more variety with it over the coming weeks, so do keep an eye out on youtube or insta if you’re considering buying or are waiting for yours to arrive!

10 Likes

Soma emailed me and said it was my turn to order one. Now I don’t have the extra money. Damn.