COSMOS by Soma

thank you, looking forward to checking these clips out

1 Like

Made my first try with Cosmos and Octatrack https://youtu.be/GjpPIUQHIvs

5 Likes

That’s an awesome tune. Don’t understand why you’ve turned off the comments on youtube, though. I’d really like to hear more of your music

1 Like

Nice! :raised_hands:

1 Like

Thanks, this is one of my first video on yt, now should be ok :slight_smile:

1 Like

This thing is the real deal. Wow. Video coming soon.

3 Likes

oh sh*t

please get into the nitty gritty Jay

mostly wanna know how the rhythmic firmware stacks up to the regular firmware?

I’m the worst for not getting into the nitty gritty, hah. Sorry! I’m sure others here will have you covered for the deep dive, though! I’ve just been using it as it is, straight out of the box.

1 Like

Here are my first experiments with the Cosmos, completely improvised (aside from choosing a key immediately before). The Cosmos is everything I have ever wanted in a looper: musical, thoughtful in its design, stays out of your way so you can just create, and hypnotic/repetitive without being predictable/dull in its results. Holy moly I love it.

15 Likes

Nicely done!

1 Like

Right on time. I received an email from Soma today. It’s my turn, I guess.

1 Like

That was beautiful. Thanks for posting your work.

1 Like

May I ask how long it took to arrive to Canada and how much is it in total (delivery, exchange, …)? Thanks Jay!

It was maybe mid-December when I got the email saying I was up. Put in money right away, got shipped with estimated delivery on 29th December, and showed up about a week late from that. I’d have to dig up the receipts to know for sure what I paid, sorry. Hope that helps, though!

1 Like

Beautiful track!
I would have liked a little tweaking of the knobs just to see where it would go but it was great anyway.

1 Like

New track

This time cosmos pair with Roland Sp 404A

8 Likes

More exploring the Cosmos. I love that the on/off switch for the looper is silent, so you can grab individual bits of a performance only. The suppressor seems subtle and great, and I love how much control the feedback knob gives you. I absolutely love this thing.

13 Likes

Cosmos played a major role in my live performance here last weekend on Bandcamp Live. This is just a little ten minute edit which I thought some of you might enjoy.

15 Likes

Just got my mail from SOMA saying im first in the COSMOS que…

so what are peoples thought of this device?

3 Likes

Just landed in the 'Shire!!
Literally, just plugged her in and going in for some meditative noodlings…
She’s build like a T-72 tank.

5 Likes