COSMOS by Soma

forgot to ask which OS version number are you using in the video?

COSMOSPR1.5.smf
Rhythmic Firmware with pitch function

2 Likes

Hereā€™s another one with distorted electronic drums:

2 Likes

Badass!

1 Like

Itā€™s here:

Bigger and beefier than I expected. Still fits thoā€¦

5 Likes

I had this for a few daysā€¦really enjoyed itā€¦tempted to get it again as I only make ambient stuff for my RC drone vids.

1 Like

I just got this thing.
The drive knob makes everything sound beautiful and rich.
Compared to other delays like Blooper or Microcosm it is dirtier and I canĀ“t wait to record with it and subharmoniconā€¦

1 Like

Yeah itā€™s huge.

If you do want to sell hmu because my Lyra/Pulsar duo needs a friend

1 Like

Hi COSMOS lovers/users :slight_smile:
Just wondering, as Iā€™m new to the box of wonders:

1. what are your favorite/most used COSMOS settings (and which firmware) for making textures (to use as background in a dawless setup)
  2. can you use the DRIVE as a regular effect? so without having to press record?

Is your avatar photo licking a scotch egg?

I expected to be bigger. Not that big of you ask me. Not P6 big, fits nicely above OP1

1. I like the bog standard firmware. Granular is surprisingly pleasing; the first three options after 6:00 also. I almost never use the reverb except as a destructive effect. The low and high pass filters are very useful for sculpting.

2. Drive only seems to affect the effected signal. But itā€™s destructive, so once there is a loop in there, you can go to town without recording more.

2 Likes

It was made with Dall-E. I typed in ā€œBarry White licking a scotch eggā€ :joy:

3 Likes

I finally got a Count To 5 pedal and had to pair it with the Mood and the Cosmos for a heap of random glitchiness. :blush: Took me a bit to find out what and how much i could play to get out some kind of listenable music.

3 Likes

Some ambient sample loops:

3 Likes

Just got hold of a Bstock Cosmos for a decent price. Canā€™t wait to run my Lyra through it

1 Like

I think my Cosmos is now partnered forever with my Osmose. Of all the corners of my studio, this is now my favourite.

10 Likes

cool, what firmware/mode are you using on cosmos here? Good duo. the cosmose haha

2 Likes

Marvellous!
Reminded me of Deaf Centerā€™s darker stuff (Owl splinters).
All from such a simple set up too.

1 Like