Dancing, at my age

Water? Dreadful stuff. Fish fuck in it.

4 Likes

400mg Ibuprofen and those ailing joints will feel like new for the night!!!

…why? What were you guys thinking of?!

You don’t need to put ibuprofen in your joints anymore - you can get high CBD flowers.

Wait, what?

3 Likes

But, you would miss out on the fun of developing ulcers!

2 Likes

CBD = Cognitive Behavioural Dherapy?

oh boy…

1 Like

As long as you have a pulse you should dance :slight_smile:

1 Like

Last time I danced my family held an intervention for me.

3 Likes

I dance in my studio. After getting my Rytm and Virus, super easy to cook up dance music that gets my blood pumping.

2 Likes

Me and my partner are in our 50’s… we met on a dance floor in the 1990’s…

Before we coupled up we were pretty much the last to leave at heaps of parties… often free, outdoor, keep-going-for-days parties.

We got together around 15 years ago and when we’re out I can honestly say we do still rock a dance floor and we’re (mostly!) there until the bitter end… we’re just very choosy about which dance floors we visit these days.

Thankfully up here in the south of Yorkshire and the north of the Midlands we have a few underground sound systems still standing from the glory days of dance music and the crowd are just as up for it as they were way back when.

Recovery times are a shit load longer these days but we still proper get down, and we’re showing no signs of stopping.

7 Likes

How do people make music that doesn’t have somatic components?!

If not bobbing and bouncing, swaying, stretching, lying…

1 Like

We can dance if we want to

2 Likes

Ok, I think I will break my long fallow period at this https://dice.fm/event/kkxw9-haai-and-friends-17th-mar-belgrave-music-hall-leeds-tickets?lng=en

Unless I end up doing something in LA

I don’t really know. I can dance to anything (in my kitchen) from Maribou State and Jon Hopkins and Fred Again…and HAAi and The Field and Recondite and Kelly Lee Owens and Four Tet and Daniel Avery and Burial and Joy Orbison and Rival Consoles old Leffield and Ultramarine albums. Literally anything that goes thud-thud-thud-thud :smiley:

2 Likes

By my observation, the most enthusiastic dancers at Plaid last night were all around my age and not a hint of self-consciousness to any of us. One of the most flat-out enjoyable electronic gigs I’ve ever been to actually.

3 Likes

There was this very discussion on BBC Radio 5live on Monday. It’s pretty much first up.
We still go out raving on the odd occasion. I’m a 52yr old man with the moves of a blancmange and I couldn’t give a tinkers cuss what people think. Do what you wanna do my friend.

:man_dancing:

2 Likes
2 Likes

This seems apt. Not really sure how old these guys are but I’ll take any opportunity to dig this clip up

1 Like

Very happy to hear that. Going to see them on the 27th here and feel like I could use a kick in my ass.

7minutes in, for those who want to know.

2 Likes
3 Likes

Toddlers and the aged are the best dancers. Is that any surprise?