Digitakt 1.50 : Bug reports

Its an over sensitive encoder/encoders problem(they all control microtiming), still not sure if its software or hardware though. You could try making a quick save , giving all the encoders a turn and reloading to see if it helps. I do wonder if the multiple points of control are part of the issue.

2 Likes

Weird value you can find on OTā€¦

1 Like

On certain patterns, the CC numbers Iā€™ve selected on MIDI tracks donā€™t save after a power cycle, regardless of whether I saved the project or not. On one pattern (that was made before the update) this happened every time until I pasted a track using the same CCs on the one that kept reverting and saved again.

I had another track where the MIDI CCs persisted after a power cycle, but one time the MIDI CCs reverted back to their default values.

This is in reference to the CC numbers, and iirc the CC parameters themselves.

Yeah, Iā€™m getting this too.

1 Like

And what happens if you manually load the saved project after a power cycle?

Hello, first time filing a bug report for this wonderful product.

Iā€™m on firmware v 1.50 and hadnā€™t had any major problems since upgrading on release. Until this morning. I am using my Digitakt as a brain for external control over MIDI/NRPN for a Pioneer AS-1 and Korg Volca FM2. I got a new project to a good finishing spot after several hours of work, manually saved via the FUNC+Wheel button ā€œquick saveā€ method (which I habitually do after every ā€œgoodā€ tweak). Connections to the unit besides MIDI Out Sync A to a Quadra Thru are 1/4" headphones, L+R audio out to a 1010 Bluebox mixer, the Input L+R from my AS-1, and of course the power cable. Everything was powered down when I went to bed last night.

When I returned to my project this morning, the project was completely bitfucked. NRPN channels I never used were enabled in the Filter sections of my AS-1 and Korg Volca channels (9 and 10, respectively), the NRPN values setting my synth parameters were completely wrong, the Song structure had apparently been copied from another project (that thankfully seems unaffected by this event). All of the patterns actually seemed to have been intact, but the song mode was set to a different BPM (same BPM as the song from the other project).

Another point that may or may not matter is that I used a ā€œĆœā€ character in the project, song, and pattern namesā€¦which I havenā€™t previously.

Soā€¦back to redoing all the work I did last night.

I can confirm this also, and made a ticket about it

Mostly the recorded sample also shows a short silence in the beginning. This is definitely not there when listening to it. This is visible in your photo after a few ms.

1 Like

Can confirm the sample pool top right encoder problem. Canā€™t recall if it happened before but i have noticed it at least 5x in the past week. cheers

Did it help to manually load the project from the slot you saved it to? (AKA: Maybe only the ā€œin memoryā€ project was screwed, but not the one that was saved on the +drive?)

I had another issue related to saving projects & losing data. I. have submitted a ticket but posting it here as well in case others have had the same:

I create patterns on the Digitakt and the Syntakt while they are both connected to Ableton with Overbridge. I regularly save the patterns to the project and always make sure to do an extra save before switching off the devices.

It has happened to me twice now that when I switch on the devices, the newly created patterns are gone on one of the two devices as if it opens an earlier version of the project. If I then save the project to a new project and reload the original project, the patterns are there again. So it seems that sometimes when the device is switched on, it opens an earlier version of the active project. I have encountered this once on the Syntakt and once on the Digitakt (different days, different patterns); so I think it is unlikely that both my devices are faulty but maybe itā€™s an issue with overbridge?

Not a big deal as I was able to recover the patterns in both cases, but still seems a bit weird. In one case I was even working on a pattern for several days without any issues and then on the 4th day the pattern was gone.

Ah, thanks for sharing this. Iā€™ve asked several people now who did not answer this, but itā€™s a crucial bit of information. So this at least means that screwed projects are recoverable when you saved them manually.

So the actual bug is that projects ā€œin memoryā€ can get corrupted when powering down (or up). This should be reported to
Elektron: https://www.elektron.se/nl/my-account/contact-support

I have this issue every time I shut down and power back on. The device gets locked into one state of a previous project and it will always load that one regardless of what I was working on previously. If I update firmware then it will henceforth load whatever state was in memory when that update occurred on powering up. I figured my memory is corrupted somehow, but havenā€™t had a chance to send it in yet.

Could it be that these projects were older than the update to the new is?

Please report to Elektron support if you havenā€™t already.

Yes the project is created before the 1.50 update. I create all of my patterns in the same project and just save the same project to another version on a weekly basis when I take a backup.

Would you recommend creating a new project and copy-pasting all patterns in the new project?

I have submitted a support ticket to Elektron, btw.

Hi @subLimb, that sounds way worse than what I have experience. It only happened twice and itā€™s been working fine in the last few days.

Iā€™ve had something slightly similar-

Iā€™ve saved a project before switching off but on powering up it is in a slightly reverted state - one or two tracks are playing an earlier version of the sound in that track.

Hitting the track button/playing a couple of notes seems to sort it and bring the correct, saved sound back.

No, I tried that and the mangled version of the project remained in memory.

I donā€™t know if this is the right place since Iā€™m not sure itā€™s OS related, but today I got this error while playing with overbridge, I wasnā€™t doing anything special, just saving a sample.

It froze on this screen and tbh it got me worried because it stayed on for a couple seconds after I turned it off.

Do I need to open a ticket ? I only lost the pattern I was working on but thatā€™s not a big deal.

I also got this one pretty often :

Mentioning it again but Iā€™ve had several instances of saving work and when I switch on the next day the work isnā€™t anywhere to be found.

Had a same issue while overbridge was running.
See post:Digitakt issue: screen full with charachters (Exception DT0084)