Dreadbox Nymphes

yea a more extensive 6 voice typhon type affair would have been more up my alley too

Same! Abyss V1 had the analog phase shifter and reflector, which were significant contributors to the sound that arrested my ears the first time I heard it - via YT anyway.

1 Like

A great use of the Typhon Ext In.

6 Likes

have you seen this?

2 Likes

Of course. That’s why I didn’t question your mention of Abyss V2

1 Like

that screen gives me the feeling it could have some typhon goodness onboard :slight_smile:

It is (was) an instant buy for me. I like that its different to the Typhon - I don’t actually hanker after a polyphonic Typhon as it works well as a mono (in terms of cutting through the mix). Im really looking forward to getting it.

4 Likes

anyone know if Sweetwater charges you instantly on pre-orders? I know Perfect Circuit does.

I just pre-ordered from Sweetwater and my card has not yet been charged. That was about 2 1/2 hours ago. I know for stuff on backorder they don’t charge your card ahead of time so I assume that would be the same with pre-orders… that said I guess I could see a charge still but I find it highly unlikely.

1 Like

4 posts were merged into an existing topic: Dreadbox Typhon

Mono isn’t a deal breaker for me.

preset action like on the hypnosis fx box, what I don’t understand is why there is only 98 patch capability… I wish they would at least triple the amount!!!

I love the look, the color scheme, the form factor, the way it can be powered by a battery pack. It’s for the most part knob per function. Sure you can pick here and there about features but with Dreadbox you know it’s gonna sound thicc as icelandic yogurt, so why complain?

The only thing I want is more demos!

8 Likes

Please stay on topic.

4 Likes

Sounds hot. Stereo is overrated. That is an amazing price for an analog poly.

5 Likes

Of course something like this has to be announced right as I’m shopping for a Dtronics DT300 controller for my Alpha Juno. And I’m only running my Alpha Juno In mono because I only have 1 cable long enough. Is the universe trying to tell me something? :thinking:

Is the reverb the same CTC Splash circuit from the Nyx?

Edit: site says “developed by Dreadbox” so apparently not

It’s so much more beautiful, aesthetic is definitely a part of my choice when I buy. The micomonsta 2 although so powerful never interested me due to it’s complete lack of visual design.

3 Likes

This is EXACTLY what I need for my rig.
OH MY it’s just L :heart:VELY!

1 Like

I saw this on Twitter earlier so presumably Sinevibes have had some input.

14 Likes