Gear ideas the world isn't ready for?

Ah, I remember this, but not as “Gameboy”, fuck the what?

Oh, I am!

1 Like

If we were in 1911, I would have said Scriabin’s color organ, and even today, despite the fact that video synths exist, it’s not quite the same as Scriabin’s initial idea :

https://monoskop.org/Chromola

4 Likes

I just remembered the instrument Ben Franklin invented- for all you wine glass playas out there.

1 Like

Subscription based licensing.

Mozart was ready for this one :

3 Likes

Speaking of glass, sometimes I’m not quite ready for Lucas Abela’s instruments, and sometimes I think he’s a genius :

3 Likes

I was just looking for that! But… to be properly played one should sit on the swivel chair which Thomas Jefferson invented. I believe at one point they were planning on starting a Teenage Engineering type instrument/lifestyle brand.

3 Likes

You’re talking about the future, yet my mind is still trying to catch up with this groundbreaking technology.

3 Likes

Sophie was ready for this !

https://www.reddit.com/r/pcmusic/comments/l9fro4/sophie_playing_a_lazer_harp_planned_for_her/

1 Like

Plenty of digital recreations, but when will the world be ready for a true analog cat organ revival?

Cat_piano_1883

5 Likes

I wouldn’t feel comfortable tuning it.

3 Likes

I was blown away by Bernard Szajner’s (inventor of the laser harp) album Some Deaths Take Forever when I first discovered it a few years ago, esp. the first track. Not sure he did any lasering on it though.

1 Like

Is there a “DJ mixer - like” mixer for synths and groove boxes? Trs jack’s, midi outs and ins to sync tempo (changes), Crossfader, eqs.

Octatrack, of course!

1 Like

a turntable for breakfast. mmm pancake…

2 Likes

Call him DJ Butter cause his mixes are so smooth

2 Likes

There are Dj mixers with some midi capabilities (I used to have some weird off brand one from the early nineties) and changing rca jacks to trs is a simple mod.

Couple of the top of my head:

Toilet drum throne

Guitar amp drinking fountain

Analog synthesizer shoe rack

does the shoe rack have an oscillator or is it a rack where you stow your analog synthesizers

Both! But tha analog is just clever marketing. They’re DCOs.

2 Likes