Gear ideas the world isn't ready for?

typical.

1 Like

Reminds me of something Matmos did. A Chance to Cut is a Chance to Cure, where they sampled surgery sounds. Really strange. EDIT: referring to the OP, the dead stuff

2 Likes

Some of these ideas are ridiculous. I’m baffled, annoyed, and frightened just reading about them. Synthesizer shoe horn? Uhhh, ok. How about a talcum powder reverb unit?

1 Like

As long as it doesn’t feature sounds of a root canal…

What about a eurorack system that you lay down in like a MRI. I mean, eurorack already excels at making those sorts of sounds, so…

Clownshoe Dub Siren, my newest psych rock act…

2 Likes

Dude, I’ve been rocking one for years now.
:sunglasses:

Before you ask, you can totally hear the difference between genuine leather and faux leather.

6 Likes

the fact that you just staged that photo for the continuation of this joke makes you a superhero in my book.

5 Likes

Looking at that photo I can nearly smell the sounds…

2 Likes

Excuse me sir, but for your information I clean my feet once a week.

1 Like

This is commonly referred to as an olfactory hallucination and is highly ill advised in regard to matters of foot and loafer.

1 Like

Or synesthesia. Either way, best to be avoided.

1 Like

if you are experiencing synesthesia due to the smell of feet I fear for your traumatic past in acquiring such associative disorders! brings new meaning to the term nostalgia!

1 Like

I remember nostalgia! I used to love that shit!

2 Likes

I thought a person only got that from eating tripe that has gone off.

I think that’s just the bubble guts.

But don’t make light of the BG’s cuz in some countries that’s fatal!

Speaking of feet…and I am very much not that person and would rather not but… it does make me wonder why synth manufacturers don’t make knobs to be controlled by them.

Joking aside I do wish someone would make a device to process audio through a bowl of oatmeal that wasn’t as messy as the traditional way.

1 Like

Daniel Day Lewis just signed on to the project.

1 Like

This exchange made it painfully obvious that it’s yet another one of life cruelties to know that we will never get rich off of this shtick.

2 Likes

speak for yourself, I just stuck 3 piezo mics and a ladder filter in a bowl of oatmeal then wrote a letter of intent to the US patent office while you were typing your response.

1 Like