Help me find this band

There’s no fkn way it’s this, but worth a share here because it’s superb:

1 Like

This thread reminds me of one rainy dinner time back in 1981, stuck in the canteen, when my mate Kenny had us all stumped for a good 15 minutes in a game of I Spy… I spy with my little eye something beginning with… N.

He looked so proud of himself.

It was knife.

10 Likes

That’s not a Nife.

This is a Knife.

3 Likes

That’s amazing!

You’ll probably be interested to know that the CD Powell Peralta released “Bones Brigade Video Tunes” was obviously missing a few songs from the original Bones Brigade Video Show (including the Nudes). However, Stacy Peralta made a surfing documentary “A Sea for Yourself” a few years ago, and reused some of those songs, which are now featured on Spotify.

It includes “Jumpin’ with Jarvis” by Al Oakie and Friends, which is the harmonica tune played when Tony Hawk, Cab and Lance are skating the ditch behind the church (interestingly that ditch is still there according to Google Maps!).

I added them to a playlist:

I was even more pleased to discover one of the songs playing during the contest section at Del Mar and the Pipeline, which is “High Energy Plan” by 999. You need to have the original video tape or remember it, because the DVD re-release has that section removed, presumably due to music licensing.

[/SKATENERD]

2 Likes

thank you!

:grin:

This is a Knife

8 Likes

Ya that version of the nudes song “remastered” is the video version…I mean with the skate sound and all. They did the best they could to remove it, then “master” it. I was SO bummed when I heard it. I want a copy from The Nudes! Anyone frequent any shows in SoCal in the 80s? :slight_smile:

Is that Nudes song on the Spotify mix? I don’t Spotify.

1 Like

Yes! This is so familiar from tapes I’d make from skate videos. It always became part of the music for me. Also the music ducking out for ‘yeeeah’s from onlookers when someone pulls off a trick that clearly took a million tries

1 Like

Screenshot 2022-11-29 at 09.32.57

Black Box Recorder?

Occasionally blond-ish, two blokes, UK, poppy.

1 Like

Sneaker Pimps is my guess too.

Pet Shop Boys feat. Dusty Springfield.

2 Likes

would have worked were the question being asked in 1987

I was thinking along those lines but Propellerheads ft. Shirley Bassey.

Except, y’know, not blonde, can sing.

1 Like

Nico?

1 Like

Such a great mood in this song.

1 Like

Hair color varies, not from the UK, wrong age and gender.

But it’s pop!

1 Like

Metronomy?

Excellent! Thank you very much for this awesome discovery!!

Check this one:

:x: English
:x: older blonde girl
:x: tough voice
:x: Two blokes
:white_check_mark: fun and poppy

1 Like

This thread is about the journey, not the destination.

7 Likes