Hi, im ylva and im making a youtube album using mainly elektron boxes

@DonovanDwyer you are guessing right, it was an online text to speech thing which i then rhythmically arranged and tuned

edit: never doing this again btw, it was so much work and pita :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

i love simple fm tones and chasing arpeggios! and this is “marsh harbour nebula”, another track from my album, have a nice weekend everyone

13 Likes

sometimes i make music because this is what i do and sometimes i make music because its therapeutic

and this is “redemption lab”

9 Likes

and here are 3 DL codes for the album for all ya wonderful ppl around here:

g5pn-3vr5
2̶7̶9̶x̶-̶h̶k̶w̶f̶
a̶m̶3̶s̶-̶j̶8̶l̶a̶

redeem here:
https://ylvatrax.bandcamp.com/yum

2 Likes

took the last! Thanks!!

1 Like

last one for this round, thank you for bearing with me

“the columnar moment” is actually a track that happened randomly when i was toying a round with a mellow chord progression and had the idea of adding synthetic vocals (which ill never do again cause it was the most complicated thing ever, to generate, rhythmically arrange and tune a whole vocal take). i kinda fell in love with it and decided i wanna do an album around it and then the rest happened.

10 Likes

The two voices and the 30 steps signature, definitely my favorite track of this album. :slight_smile:

As a foreigner, I have no clue what the lyrics are meaning exactly, but the feeling they leave me is both some nostalgia of a moment lost or that could have happened but did not, and hope for it to come in a next future ^^

2 Likes

thanks for listening and i love ur sensible description!

1 Like

Hey Ylva, I really dig your music, especially The Youth. It has been inspirational for me, so I was wondering who are your inspirations? Which artists do you follow closely?

1 Like

thanks @oroboro for the kind words, tricky question, its always changing, literature wise im currently really tripping on octavia butler and kodwo eshun and music wise i have been really enjoying ravel, the war on drugs, kim deal in all her incarnations (breeders / paces etc) and also stars of the lid have been on heavy rotation since the days got darker

2 Likes

Got this cued up!

Who did the cover art? It looks great :clap:

1 Like

thank you @maymind_trax!, i assume you mean the album art? it was done by anni buchner

1 Like

Just trying to remember what the artist was called I had listened a while ago where I thought “this is almost like ylva’s” … can’t remember … and fucking streaming services like apple or spotify don’t give you a proper history (…why?!). I guess I have to force them with the german DATENSCHUTZGESETZ (data privacy law) to give me the history :stuck_out_tongue: I guess I have to buy all the good music now to remember better!

1 Like

@PeteDorky maybe it was my shadowside sister avly

I guess! Want to hear more from avly!

Quick question: Is everything sampled? Especially the refrain in The Youth?

@PekeDorty the refrain in „the youth“ is synthesized - as in speech synth(or 6 of them infact) —> rhythmically arranged -> tuned

oh wow… I was annoyed how there is so few speech synthesis options available. Can you recommend one or two?

1 Like

i use online ones, most of them sound amazing by now, tbh i dont even remember which one i used for this particular one

did you pay for them? I also found that the online speech synthesis were way ahead of any other options as VSTs or app. Do you have a go to speech synthesis service?

@PekeDorty no i actually used a free one, this i remember, i can look it up later!

1 Like