Hi, im ylva and im making a youtube album using mainly elektron boxes

hello, its been a while <3. i recently recorded a 27 min micro live set using the digitone only. its slightly different than what i do usually cause its more “jammy” and less planned than my other videos. i enjoyed the constrains and limitations of using one synth with 8 shared voices in order to make full pieces of music, there is something very cool in using sound-locks and making whole drum tracks using only one channel since by nature it prevents the drum tracks from being too full which is a great thing i guess. the whole thing was recorded in one take via OB (so convenient) and lightly mixed in a DAW. you can get the set and the whole digitone project (sysex) so you can play it better than me on my BC page:

23 Likes

Im blown away… :dash: :brain: :exploding_head:

2 Likes

Waiting for tomorrow to send you a couple beer’s worth :beers:
I love what I’m hearing right now!

3 Likes

@ViolentMeals you are always so kind! @LyingDalai thank you so much for supporting <3 if anyone ever uses the sysex for something id be super curious to know how it sounds

1 Like

doing the same thing myself!

1 Like

Damn that is good!!

2 Likes

Unbelievable.

2 Likes

Terrific work!

2 Likes

Wow! So inspiring. Loved it!

2 Likes

very impressive

2 Likes

@Ahaas1138 @DonovanDwyer @olelovold @rossominerale @Unifono i kindly thank you for the super nice words <3

4 Likes

I like that you have tracks at various bpm included. Most sets I hear are at constant tempo… I appreciate variation

2 Likes

thanks @Unifono . i love tempo changes. i find that sometimes its tricky to incorporate it into a set if you wanna have a constant flow (without having the feeling of breaks between the tracks)

1 Like

Sweet. Looking forward to this. Time to get the fancy headphones out!

2 Likes

yes it’s difficult. But you do it very well. Keeps a great flow and gets even more interesting because if that imo.
I usually start with the lowest bpm track and constantly raise the tempo with each track during a set. Speeding up and slowing down is very tricky :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@Unifono i agree, very tricky, altho maybe playing with tempo ratios (not necessarily half time) could be an interesting method to do so

2 Likes

Or use a long pad to change the tempo :wink:

3 Likes

cool man, question: what brand are those audio cables?

1 Like

@monom3 thank you. which video are you referring to exactly?

@ylva you are welcome, really excellent stuff ! I bought the EP on bandcamp, it works on its own too :slight_smile:

1 Like