If you were starting from scratch what would be your first 3 pieces of gear

Based on, but not the same, no mults built in, also knobs on VCO don’t allow realtime octave change due to a audible blip when changing. I had a 500 set first, but sold it when I got 100m. 100m is pretty reliable and very stable BTW.

1 Like

I’ve been thinking about a dawless version of this that would cover everything (for me);

• MPC Live 2
  • MC-707
  • Analog Keys

(My take away is that I should get an Analog Keys when one comes up… in addition to my A4 mk2 that I fkn love the bones of.)

1 Like

i dont think i will ever make music as good as i did when all i had was an octatrack, a digitone, and maybe a an extra mono or paraphonic synth. maybe a drum machine like cycles or rytm, but octa is fine for that too/ even better sometimes

1 Like

you can always go back :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Digitone
Digitone
Digitone

4 Likes

MPC live
Deepmind
Oto Boum

I’m attempting to. Recently got my 5th digitone and I’ve always had the Octa

But very expensive. But i didnt set a budget so good to go :slight_smile:

2 Likes

They have crept up in price since I got mine a few years back, but still somewhat a bargain considering prices of other vintage Roland classics. I mean the clones are about 50% of the price of the original, and they are Eurorack, and don’t sound as good.

I only have a 5 module set, the D set, but it is an amazing system for the money I think.

7 Likes

Lovely. Im sure i saw Vince Clarke saying it was his favourite too in a documentary.:+1:

another really good setup is Syntakt + Prophet 12 + Blackbox. was just revisiting some of my old blackbox tracks and that setup kills. very powerful. Boum is good too, as someone mentioned above, but not as essential

1 Like

beauty

1 Like

I think I need to add that to
https://www.elektronauts.com/t/what-s-the-one-thing-holding-you-back/

2 Likes

I find it impossible to go back (so far)! I have a bunch of gear I’m not using that I can’t bring myself to sell…

2 Likes

maybe hard but not impossible :wink:

1 Like

You’re right, I just haven’t encountered the right motivator yet I guess :slightly_smiling_face:

I’ve been grazing this thread, and keep thinking that this is exactly what I’ve just done.

3 pieces is a good number.

6 Likes

Digitakt
Bastl Softpop2
Moog Mavis

2 Likes

Macbook or Mac Studio with Live 11.5
Octatrack
Digitone Keys

Octatrack
JD-XA
BlackBox