Isla S2400

I do too and as far as I know Brad is open to 3rd parties doing that. My biggest wish is that the clone of the SSM filter (now SSI) used in the Mutronics Mutator is made into an installable daughter card. To have really close approximation of the SP1200 sound run through the Mutator is the dream and since I’m not a millionaire this would be close enough.

1 Like

Im curious as to if anyone in the UK has received one yet. Post brexit…what would the total price come to?

I’ve been following this thing from the start, and its mad how many clashes Brad has had to keep people expectations in check. There was no bullshit, and he openly built the sampler that he and everyone else wanted. The openness and community sorta chipping to make it into the fully realised 2400 with the potential for more software update was incredible to see…Its thing of beauty and if he could get it mass produced…
Does he have any ambition in getting this out to Europe and Britain? So we don’t have to pay some absurd tax . I’ve been stung with some silly fees just for clothes I bought that took ages to arrive, and a module that was like nearly half the value. My mate had to pay nearly the same value in import duties as his new guitar cost…so I won’t be able to afford it unless there’s a distributor set up. I’m really impressed with it and I’d love to get my hands on one. I’m not paying some scalper dickhead either.

(Thanks Brexit voters! Smart)

1 Like

Ive already been quoted by customs that i will be charged £170 or so to Walsall. Uk. Should be arriving in the next few weeks.

1 Like

Ah OK and how much does the actual unit cost with delivery?

I was an early purchase before the price got hiked last October.

Ah ok so there was a early adoption thing, and I know certain parts where upgraded which impacted the price but I’d be happy to buy one directly, I guess I’ll have to just wait and see, it not like I have the money in my hands, but it would be a nice thing to save up for I suppose.

1 Like

Yes he does and he briefly touched upon it at one point recently saying he had some plans to expand to a location from which to ship in the EU/UK. So that would avoid this kind of thing in future. But that is a ways off and I suspect post pandemic/vaccination rate being high. But don’t quote me on that. It was just briefly mentioned.

As for the effects yes you are right he doesn’t want to be a jack of all trades and I feel that a DSP card might be better situated to add effects if someone wants them. I have plenty of outboard effects that I don’t particularly care for them on my synths or samplers though certainly I’m not going to complain if they are already on board.

I know for those of you having to pay VAT and Brexit fees it comes out to about 170-180 and remember you are still getting the benefit of the exchange rate so all in all you’re kind of paying what the US pays which is $1499 plus shipping which is around $30. So GBP that exchange is around 1100 and for the EU it’s around 1300 so even with import and vat you’re sort of breaking even with us.

1 Like

Wood sides Brad told me sold out within an hour. I may switch to the Star Wars Millenium Falcon panels instead :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Classic!

1 Like

10x2 audio over USB, MIDI CCs & NRPNs, etc.

4 Likes

I just impulse ordered the s2400 Yesterday. I say impulse but actually I’ve wanted one for a while and just hadn’t intended to buy so soon. I bought it specifically to pair with my trusty Digitakt. My thinking is to make the s2400 the main hub of my studio due to the clear advantages it has over the DT (more sampling time, stereo sampling, song mode, etc.) and to use the Digitakt more as a character sampler. Although the DT is billed as a drum computer I feel like it often sounds best processing synth and guitar notes/chords.
Anyway, for any owners of the s2400, how are you integrating it into your studio? Any other details/tips you’d like to share would be very welcome as well. I’ve got what will feel like a gazillion years before it arrives so I’ve got nothing but time to read the manual and scour the internet for info while I wait.

I don’t have mine yet, but I imagine I’ll be using it for drum slicing through that 12bit engine and passing them over to Ableton. Probably stick some pedals on certain outputs, too.

That and just whenever I need drum pad stuff. I’m not totally sure.

2 Likes

Oora making some dub with the SP2400

10 Likes

excellent

Hey fam - uploading a Tips and Tricks video for the s2400 right now. It’s on mute groups/choke groups. Enjoy.

3 Likes

After months, if not close to a year of being GAS free I woke up this morning and realized I need one of those in my life. Has anyone here in continental Europe bought and received theirs? How much did you end up paying in total? Around €1500,-?

Update: damn, I am so weak.

5 Likes

Yeah, think I neeeeed one of these in my life. Should have preordered ages ago…

If anyone’s had enough of their or their preorder, let me know :wink:

what’s the song at the 5 min mark? can’t remember
edit : nevermind found it

Oops, my order’s in.

Newest update to shipping information is available from the S2400 FB page.

“Our vessel is now just off the coast in some kind of ‘Holding pattern’ Waiting to dock.
Our shipment should be cleared from customs and being delivered to us around July 16th.
The next 500 after that are still on the ocean and will be delivered to us around Aug 6th.
ALL outstanding orders will be serviced between July 20th - Late August.”