Isla S2400

Woo hoo :tada:
And then mine gets back on a ship to down under. (Woo noo)

1 Like

Wow, so I ordered 16th June and it should be here (or hereabouts) by late August.

That rocks.

:+1:t3:

3 Likes

Perfect for the massive Firmware that is just about to be dropped.

I live in Los Angeles but see Craigslist results from all over the state. There’s a mint sp2400 for sale in San Francisco for 1800, and the person selling is also open to trades, if someone wants to jump on it.

1 Like

Hate having to wait so long but I’m glad I bought it last September for the promo price.

1 Like

Yea, I would buy two at that price, I really want one but it’s steep for me.

https://mailchi.mp/islainstruments/isla-instruments-news-update-8869550?fbclid=IwAR2K4XOmXrXa-T9r-tmBSVH9J4uY_Cp2CJp7D8CUgc4oQuAll9Cy36iz0tU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jpl4E2BvRVU

1 Like

My wife and I just got a decent sized HELOC…and other than paying down debt, we both get a few grand for whatever. I was going to buy a Summit but really would love one of these…omg…what do I do.

2 Likes

Do you want to want to produce full tracks through a lofi 12 bit engine which is pure grit. Or do you want to noodle around on a keyboard ? :slight_smile:

Given that Brad has mentioned that the next batch of S2400s might not exactly be around the corner, I‘d rather get one of those.

DAMMIT. Ordered. With the Midi channels, I might be able to now NOT buy a Deluge…and just use this for midi…nice.

2 Likes

So at any one time, this beast can hold 64MB of sample memory at once, right? Like the Rytm and the Digitakt.

What about length per sample? I can’t find anything there. Can a sample be like 4 minutes long, or does the Isla say “Nope, we’ll cut at 32 seconds even if we got the memory for it, just like the Digitakt.” Or similar.

1 Like

man I wish you didn’t have to watch FB or IG videos and scroll through all the updates just to get a reasonable answer to the question: “if I order one, when will I see it?”

I love how much he does update people, but also just put this information all in one place. like maybe on the order page.

2 Likes

Ah, thank you.

1 Like

Originally August but there are massive delays in shipments docking and clearing customs. The shipment with the first 500 from this 3rd batch has been sitting in a queue in the ocean for a couple of weeks now waiting to dock. So this particular shipment was already supposed to be out the door 3 weeks ago. The second 500 is on its way not sure if it’s come close to port yet or not but it’s gonna be delayed in a queue as well. And if you ordered now you’d be in the last 500 which I have no information on. But what supposed to ship from China in July sometime. So I’d add a month to the projections.

Off topic

I’m pretty sure this is just the direct sampling time. You can load longer samples up to the limit of the available RAM for each project in DT. I think!

1 Like

This is going to be interesting to see stabilize in production and sales. I love this thing even if I’ll never own it.

1 Like

What about length per sample? I can’t find anything there. Can a sample be like 4 minutes long, or does the Isla say “Nope, we’ll cut at 32 seconds even if we got the memory for it, just like the Digitakt.” Or similar.

When sampling, you can use up the entire 64Mb if you wish. Also, when loading samples from SD card, you effectively have no size limit. Samples over 2Mb are streamed directly from disk rather than loaded into RAM, so you can load in those 2 hour synth noodles or song stems or whatever.

4 Likes

Dont forget the livestream tonight. The Firmware is huge.

1 Like