Jamuary 2020 - any plans?

Creativity + discipline= results

2 Likes

Digitakt, with the Instruo Arbhar doing the heavy lifting.

2 Likes

Basimilus iteritas alter (which I forgot to tag) driven by a rene sequence. The sequence is shifted up and down manually by pressure points. This then goes through a custom zoia looper which extracts chunks of the baseline and creates some counterpoint a 7th up. Then I did some drums.

2 Likes

Same exact patch as yesterday, except I swapped the BIA for a vanilla oscillator running through a waveshapper. All other patch points remain the same. Didnt touch the drum sounds (except to add some reverb to the kick) but tweaked the pattern a bit. Basically a lot of mileage out of this patch.

2 Likes

Sampled yesterdays drums through a feedback / distortion patch on the zoia, and then kicked it 1/2 speed style.

1 Like

Digitone with a guitar track overdubbed onto it

Multimapping on the digitone is rad, it makes it way more capable as a drum machine

2 Likes

How about a tapeloop jam?
I have a tapeloop going, left hand on microkorg for bass and right hand on esq1 for the melody.

3 Likes

Hi all!
Never got on the jamuary-train before because kids and life and shit. Also I’m slower than a moth. I did ,however, upload a jam on the 3rd, but never got around to post. It’s more a live-set basically.
Jamming on 2-3 patterns on the DT/DN with some tb03/sh01a. I’m using only a few samples to build sounds and resample on the DT with some “modular” sounds coming off the DN.
It’s a work in progress and I would love some feedback.

So if anyone’s into 144 bpm PsyTech here you go.https://youtu.be/x2EOzmvJoo4

1 Like

This is excellent, right up my alley! What tapecorder/device are you using to run the tape loop?

Wow thanks! :slightly_smiling_face:

Its a Yamaha MT400. A 4track with 2 speeds and a pitch knob. 2 aux send. Works fine for me. Its a bit big. Larger than the cool Tascams you see on Instagram.

Im just getting startet with tape but its a very fun way of making music and actually fairly easy to get good results.
This loop is a couple of slowed down synth drones and a melodic synth sound that got a nice fart effect wich was pure luck.

An ambient jam with modular, Analog Four and OB-6. Four minutes of minimalistic and (hardly) evolving sonic tapestry.

1 Like

Somehow only just now discovered the aftertouch routing in the Digitone. How’d I miss this??!?!

I fell off real hard for a while after life got in the way of relentless music-making, but I was working on a new Nord Modular patch and figured I may as well record it.

I keep having issues posting links here from Instagram, but hope this works alright. Probably should find some other means of posting…

View this post on Instagram

A post shared by Bruise the Air (@bruise_the_air) on Jan 17, 2020 at 7:51pm PST

144bpm is right on the mark. Looking frwd to checking this out. I always make beats at this pace but Psy-Trance it ain’t!

Taking yesterdays feedback based drum samples and octatracking the shit out of them. Octa drives the Eurorack arpeggiated bass. Pad from the digitone through the empress reverb. Machine drum keeping it all rock steady.

2 Likes

Yeah I just copy link from the ‘…’ in the right hand corner. It has the missing image icon, but its not the login page.

Finally got around to actually record something, this time a nice little simple beat from the Machinedrum, and a few synth tracks from the Digitone:

…just a quick saturday-jam. Really not that much jamming, unless the first live-recording into the sequencer counts :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yeah, I did the same thing but no dice. Tried copying a link from just about every location but the results have been the same.

hip hop train keeps going

1 Like

I’ve been on a bass kick lately

1 Like